Online Course on Tax relief
Entrepreneurs’ relief reduces the tax payable on the sale on some or all of a business by someone who has shares in it or did so when it ceased. If all the conditions are met, you or your client will be eligible for tax relief, but what are those conditions and how can you be sure you’re getting the reliefs that you or your clients are due?
The course will explain how the relief is applied and all the requirements necessary for an individual trader, partner, trustee or shareholder to qualify. It will cover planning opportunities and pitfalls and how the relief applies in certain circumstances, in particular, where other reliefs are involved.
Our Tax relief for Entrepreneurs course will enable the learner to:
• Advise on how to benefit from a reduced rate of tax when selling a business
• Incorporate businesses or reorganise companies, whilst claiming or preserving relief
• Advise partners in a business who are selling their interest
• Know how to expand or make investments without losing relief
• Understand the rules around retirement
• Understand how to grant employees share options and still qualify for relief on subsequent disposals
Content of our Tax relief for Entrepreneurs online course
Application, calculation and claims
• What types of disposals are eligible for relief?
• How is relief calculated and claimed?
• How are other capital losses taken into account?
• What are the conditions for disposals of unincorporated businesses?
• What constitutes a part of a business?
• What are the conditions for disposals of assets?
• What happens when a business is incorporated?
• Who are the qualifying shareholders of personal companies?
• What are the qualifying companies?
• What happens with a cessation of trade and the proceeds of liquidation?
• What constitutes a trading company?
• Do EMI share options qualify for relief?
Associated disposals of assets
• What constitutes a material disposal?
• What counts as withdrawal from the business?
• What assets qualify for relief?
• Where does restricted relief apply?
• How is restricted relief calculated?
Other matters relating to company shares
• What happens with exchanges of shares and reorganisations?
• What happens when shares are sold with deferred consideration?
• What relief is available for liquidations?
• Is relief available when selling or liquidating to start again?
• How do we treat gains previously deferred?
Target audience for our Tax relief for Entrepreneurs Online Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of our Tax relief for Entrepreneurs course
Tony Austin FCA has been a Chartered Accountant and tax specialist for over 30 years of which nearly 20 years were as tax partner with BDO and Mazars, where he specialised in advising charities on direct taxation matters particularly those relating to trading, Gift Aid and other tax effective giving and the establishment and running of trading subsidiaries.
Through his work with the Charities’ Tax Group, he is involved in the consultation process with HMRC on the application and reform of tax legislation affecting the not for profit sector.
He also advises owner managed businesses, both large and small, on all aspects of direct taxation and tax planning affecting them and the people that own them, including subsidiaries or branches of overseas companies.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Tax relief for Entrepreneurs Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to email@example.com