Online Course on Agile SCRUM
The ability to manage a project effectively is a key management skill whatever aspect of business you work in – finance included – and now new techniques and new IT solutions have made project management even easier for us all.
Possibly the biggest advance since Microsoft Project, Agile SCRUM provides a fresh new framework to manage your project.
The technique breaks a project down into regular successful small step improvements and regards ‘real world’ events as part of the project, rather than unexpected changes in the process.
With the recent focus for delivering projects in ever quicker timescales Agile SCRUM has grown to be seen as an essential tool. This course provides a framework for setting up, managing and completing a project using Agile SCRUM techniques.
Understanding Agile SCRUM Project Management
enables the learner to:
• Understand what Agile SCRUM is and its key principles
• Know the responsibilities for the project owner and the SCRUM master
• Justify the need for the project, plan timescales and costs
• Understand how quality, risk and change management fit into a SCRUM-managed project
• Be aware of the potential mistakes and pitfalls of SCRUM techniques
“It adopted the right approach that’s preferable to me. Illustrations, short-videos, discussions, snap questions and a closing test for each segment helped me refresh on the knowledge gained.”
“This course allow me a fresh view of how project management can work.”
“Very insightful and gave me a good introduction on the topic.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Agile SCRUM Project Management
Agile SCRUM overview
• Why use Agile SCRUM project management?
• What is agile SCRUM?
• What are the project management basics?
• What are the basic principles of Agile SCRUM?
• How do we put those principles into practice?
Organising a project
• What resources should we put in place?
• What processes are used in Agile SCRUM projects?
• What is the Project Owner’s role?
• What should the SCRUM master do?
• Can we manage multiple projects?
Executing Agile SCRUM
• Getting used to Agile SCRUM techniques
• What might happen in the plan and estimate phase?
• What mistakes might be made during the implement phase?
• What are the pitfalls of the review, retrospect and release phase?
Target audience for Agile SCRUM Project Management
Anyone involved in creating or interpreting financial models.
About the author of Agile SCRUM Project Management
Chris Bruce is Operations Director for Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine, a premier provider of Navigation solutions to the Commercial and Military Marine market.
With over 25 years experience, he has overseen the implementation of countless products, systems and solutions from turn-key programs through to volume market products from initial idea through to end of life and has an MBA from Kingston University.
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals who are responsible for project work.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use promo code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price
Use promo code FF20 at checkout to receive £100 discount on 5 or more courses