Online Course on Conducting Performance Appraisals
For the busy accounting and finance professional, managing the performance of the people they manage is key to achieving objectives.
The appraisal sits at the heart of any approach to performance management. The process of viewing the previous year’s performance and of agreeing expectations for the coming period is key to the professional relationships managers develop with their staff.
This course shows how investing time in conducting effective appraisals creates a motivated team and saves you time in the long term.
|Rating:||100% of learners recommend this course|
|“The course gave me plenty of time to digest contents and revisit sites. I now feel more prepared to conduct more effective appraisals.”|
“Performance appraisals have now become a requirement with PI as part of the risk assessment, but it has been an area of weakness in the past. I found that this helped me structure my approach so I will be more confident in the do’s and don’ts.”
“Conducting appraisals is a tricky business and needs to be carefully handled. As a manager of three staff members, each with differing abilities, this was a very useful exercise.”
“Adding my own suggestions as to how to handle various situations, particularly the difficult person exercise – that was excellent.”
“As a manager of a SME finance and admin dept it was very useful. I really liked the flexibility doing an online course gave me.”
“I am new to appraisals and wanted to find out more before stating them. This informed me of content and how to deal with difficult situations.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Conducting Performance Appraisals enables you to
• Understand what an appraisal is for and why it is important
• Prepare effectively for an appraisal
• Plan and conduct constructive preliminary meetings and appraisal meetings
• Recognise what should and shouldn’t be covered in an appraisal
• Ensure that their spoken and written comments are fair and effective
• Correctly complete any forms related to the appraisal process
• Learn techniques for handling any difficult situations that arise during appraisal meetings
Learning outcomes of Conducting Performance Appraisals
Preparing for an appraisal
• What is an appraisal and what is it for?
• What principles should I follow?
• What is the procedure?
• What is the purpose of a preliminary meeting?
• What preparation do I need to do for the meeting?
• What preparation should I get the member of staff to do for the meeting?
• How should I approach the meeting itself?
The appraisal meeting
• How should I structure the meeting?
• What do we need to cover at the meeting?
• How do I ensure the meeting is constructive?
• What else should I bear in mind?
• Writing the appraisal document
• What do I do after the meeting?
• How do I fill in the form correctly?
• How can I ensure that my written comments are fair and effective?
• What should I do if the staff member disagrees with something I have written?
Target audience for Conducting Performance Appraisals
This course is designed to appeal to people at all levels who have to conduct performance appraisals, whether managing technical or non-technical staff in industry or in practice.
Those who are new to conducting appraisals will find that this course will help them understand the process and techniques required.
More experienced or senior managers will value the opportunity to spend time reviewing their attitude and approach to appraisal and learning new techniques.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).