Online Course on
Partnership Tax Tips for Accountants
The taxation of Partnerships has undergone significant changes in recent years to deal with what was seen as abuse of previous structures.
Partnership Tax Tips for Accountants gives you everything you need to know to ensure you are up to date in the advice you are giving.
The course takes you through each type of tax, and looks at how they apply to Partnerships, gives tips on how to apply them and outlines pitfalls to be avoided.
The Tax Tips for Accountants series is a unique collection of CPD courses designed to give Accountants what they need to know about Tax, to help their organisation and their clients.
Instead of having to wade through a mire of technical tax detail, these courses get straight to the nub of the questions that accountants need to answer and pitfalls to be avoided.
The series has been designed by Tax Specialists, Gabelle, and is based on the most frequently asked questions on their accountants’ helpline.
Understanding Partnership Tax Tips for Accountants
enables the learner to:
• Discuss with your clients the nuances in tax
• Understand the issues in income and corporation tax
• Recognise the problems that occur around capital taxes
• Further your knowledge in VAT and liabilities
• Ensure that annual returns reflect the up to date correct procedures and practices
Learning outcomes of Partnership Tax Tips for Accountants
Income and Corporation Tax
• Interest relief
• Consultation document – disguised employment
• Consultation document – profit and loss allocation schemes
• Properly rental business
• Capital allowances – AIA entitlement
• Close company loans to participators who are partners
• Sideways loss restrictions
• Capital gains tax
• Partnerships/LLPs and entrepreneurs’ relief (ER)
• Associated disposals by partners and entrepreneurs’ relief
• Business property relief: partnership assets
• Business property relief: binding contract for sale
• Joint VAT liability in partnerships
• VAT liabilities when partners leave/join a partnership
• Limited partnerships
• Limited liability partnerships (LLPs)
• Partners who are not partners (and vice versa)
• Partnership tax returns: mixed partnerships
• Late filing
• Enquiries into partnership returns
• Tax avoidance
• Stamp duty land tax – property investment partnerships
• Annual tax on enveloped dwellings
Target audience for Partnership Tax Tips for Accountants
This course is designed to appeal to accounting professionals at all levels in practice and industry looking to better understand tax for their clients or organisation.
About the author of Partnership Tax Tips for Accountants
Gabelle LLP are an award winning, independent team of tax experts who provide comprehensive tax advice.
For many years Gabelle have been providing accountants, and other industry professionals, support with technical tax know-how and practical experience.
The Tax Tips for Accountants series is a unique collection of CPD courses designed to give Accountants what they need to know about Tax.
These courses get straight to the nub of the questions that accountants need to answer and pitfalls to be avoided.
The series has been designed by Gabelle, and is based on the most frequently asked questions on their accountants’ helpline.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).