Online Course on Measuring Performance to Deliver Results
Organisations need to measure the performance of their processes – to prove the benefits that they are delivering and ensure that they are offering value for money.
However, performance measurement can be challenging. Inappropriate measures can result in unintended consequences, with the wrong priorities. Additionally, the outputs of many processes are intangible and difficult to measure.
The solution is to take a structured approach when designing performance measures.
This online training course helps you to ensure that your performance measures reflect how your processes actually operate. It will also help you monitor and report data in a way that drives useful and sustainable improvements.
Our Performance Measurement Course will enable the learner to:
• Develop performance measures that link organisational goals with operational performance
• Monitor and report data in a way that focuses attention on improvement
• Determine whether a process has delivered the expected benefits
Content of our performance measurement for results course
Performance measurement concepts
• What is performance measurement?
• What are the principles of performance measurement?
• How helpful are financial performance measures?
• What are the benefits of performance measurement?
• How can targets be dangerous?
• How should we display performance data?
• What at the three levels of performance measurement?
• What is the performance measurement linkage chart?
Creating measures that work
• What makes a good measure?
• How do we create the performance measurement linkage chart?
• What are our organisational goals?
• How do we create strategic measures that fit the goals?
• How should we identify the processes that deliver the organisational goals?
• What are the process output measures?
• What are the critical to quality steps in the process?
• How do we create in-process measures for the critical to quality steps?
• How do performance measurement linkage charts work in practice?
• What might a starter set of performance measures look like?
Monitoring and managing data
• How can we present data in context?
• What is the voice of the process?
• What is the nature of variation?
• How do we monitor performance data using a control chart?
• What does a Shewhart individuals control chart look like in practice?
• What are the strategies for dealing with variation?
• What is the relationship between process behaviour and cost?
• What is benefit realisation?
• How can we create shared value?
• How do measures differ from benefits?
• What does the benefits map look like?
• What is the benefit realisation model?
• How would a benefits map work in practice?
• What does the framework look like?
• What is the framework for a small manufacturer?
• How can we use performance measurement to drive improvement?
• What are the key lessons from this course?
Target audience for our Online Performance Measurement Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of our performance measurement for results course
Ross is a highly experienced professional trainer, specialising in throughput accounting, lean service, value-based pricing and process improvement.
Ross incorporates many practical examples into his training from his personal experience. Ross Maynard is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price