Online Course on Buying a Business
Buying a Business by Peter Howson
Acquisitions consume an enormous amount of management time and other resources. In order to make a successful acquisition you need to be properly prepared. You need to understand the market, the target business and how you are going to manage the business integration. In Buying a Business, Peter Howson guides you through each step – from the initial decision to acquire a business, through preliminary negotiations and due diligence up to and including the final integration.
At the end of this online CPD course you will be able to
• plan carefully and strategically for their acquisition
• understand what they need to know about the market, the target company, and the deal
• understand the due diligence process, what it’s for and how to conduct it effectively
• create a plan for effective integration of the acquired business
This course is written for people working in the accounting and finance industry at all levels.
Key areas covered
• Deciding to acquire
• Preliminary negotiations
• Final negotiations
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“Probably the best of the online courses I have completed so far.”
“Practical, relevant and included advice that will be very useful for situations I am likely to encounter.”
“The layout is continuously capturing the attention of the reader, it is never boring!”
“It gave me a great overview and reference material. It raised my awareness and great insights. Not only around buying a business but also around negotiation skills.”
“Giving an understanding of the commercial negotiating tactics used and also increasing understanding of the due diligence processes.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of interactive activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
About the author of Buying a Business
Peter Howson is a director of AMR International, London’s leading independent provider of commercial due diligence. He has so far worked on over 200 due diligence assignments.
In addition he has over 25 years of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and business development experience gained both in industry and as an adviser.
Prior to joining AMR in 1998, Peter worked at United Engineering Steels (a joint venture between British Steel and GKN), TI Group, T&N and spent three years in corporate finance at Barings.
At TI Group he worked in its Spanish joint venture with the Japanese company Kayaba and subsequently on 70 transactions, which transformed TI from a UK based supplier of commodity products to a global manufacturer of niche engineering products.
At Barings he was a member of the Corporate Finance team concentrating on manufacturing industry.
Peter has a degree in Economics, is a CIMA qualified accountant and holds an MBA from Manchester Business School. He has written three M&A and due diligence related books:
• Due Diligence: The Critical Stage in Acquisitions and Mergers, published by Gower April 2003
• Acquisition Essentials: A Step-by-Step Guide to Smarter M&A Deals (with Denzil Rankine), published by FT/Prentice Hall October 2005
• Commercial Due Diligence: The Key to Understanding Value in an Acquisition, published by Gower May 2006
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive.
Course Price and Features
• This course provides 4 hours of verifiable CPD
• You can access the course unlimited times for 120 days following purchase
• Full price = £75 (plus VAT) less 10% Financial Fluency discount = £67.50 (plus VAT)
• Simply use the discount code “FF101” at checkout
Buy now or read more
Select the button below to either buy now or read more about this course.