Online Course on Intellectual
Property and New Ideas
Money laundering and underlying serious crimes happen in almost every country in the world and the costs involved are huge.
We all have ideas, but very few of us ever do anything with them. In this new course, Rob Lucas looks at how to develop and protect your ideas so you can get real value from them. He takes you through the processes required to assess new ideas, select the best ones and avoid wasting your time on those that will not work.
Intellectual Property and New Ideas enables the learner to:
• Assess the viability of ideas
• Protect your ideas from the early stages
• Determine the originality of an idea
• Write and file a patent application
• Explore other options for protecting an idea
• Tackle issues around ownership
Learning outcomes of Intellectual Property and New Ideas
Protecting your big idea
• What is intellectual property?
• How can I capture and record ideas?
• How do I decide if an area is worth pursuing?
• What types of protection are there for my idea?
• Why should I protect an idea?
• What are confidentiality agreements?
Checking the idea is original
Registered designs, trade marks and copyright
• Who owns the IP?
• How does it work when I own the IP?
• How does it work when someone else is involved in the ownership?
• What are companies’ and institutions’ rights to IP created by individuals?
• How does ownership affect confidentiality agreements?
Target audience for Intellectual Property and New Ideas
Financial professionals and anyone involved in advising them on the development and protection of new ideas.
About the author of Intellectual Property and New Ideas
Rob Lucas is recognised as an eminent expert in intellectual property (IP) development and commercialisation. He has advised the government in innovation and is a former member of the government’s IPPR think tank on the future of digital rights in the UK.
He has authored both private and public sector publications in the subject of IP development and commercialisation.
An owner of various SMEs over the years, Rob really knows what it takes for an SME to be successful in this fascinating subject.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).