Online Course on Leadership Skills for Accountants
Many people make the mistake of thinking that leadership is something that only very senior people have to consider. In fact, leadership is a key skill that every manager needs to master.
Whether leading an audit team, managing staff in house, or managing a team within the finance department of your company, this course will help you to develop your leadership skills and use them to provide direction for your team.
- Think about what it means to be a manager whether in practice or in industry
- Understand the three levels of management and apply them in practice
- Recognise the main leadership styles and judge which approach to take
in different situations
- Differentiate between goals and objectives and understand how they relate
to one another
- Translate the goals of the company as a whole into individual “SMART”
- Use ongoing performance criteria to manage their team more effectively
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs|
|“I was a bit sceptical about doing a team leading course online. However contrary to this I found the course brilliant, very very useful with a lot of learning opportunity for me as I have never done a course like this before. I particularly enjoyed the course content which was precise and to the point with educations information which I can actually apply to my organisation and I think it will assist me greatly.”|
“This course covered a crucial area of management for me and I was very pleased with the course.”
“The course provided me with real examples in each module. I was also encouraged to think about the material and apply it to my particular circumstances.”
“The course has been very useful to benchmark my performance and provide some worthwhile training.”
|“The different methods of learning, and the fact you can print relevant pages, and or go back to the courses for a few months afterwards for a refresher.”|
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Leadership Skills for Accountants
- What is management?
- What are the three levels of management?
- Who is a manager?
- How does management work in real life?
- What is leadership?
- What are the main leadership styles?
- What makes an effective leader?
- How can leadership styles help me?
- What is goal translation?
- Why do we need goal translation?
- What are mission statements?
- What are goals and objectives?
- How do we write good objectives?
Ongoing performance criteria
- What are ongoing performance criteria?
- What are accountabilities?
- What are standards?
- What are competencies?
- What are personal development plans?
Target audience for Leadership Skills for Accountants
This course is designed to appeal to both those that manage others or who wish to develop management skills as part of their personal and professional development. It is equally well suited for those in practice and in industry.
Those who are new to management or are preparing to take on a management role will find that this course provides an understanding of the leadership skills they will need to progress and how to develop them.
More experienced or senior managers will value the opportunity to spend time refreshing or developing their leadership skills.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use promo code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price
Use promo code FF20 at checkout to receive £100 discount on 5 or more courses