Online Course on Freedom of Information
Anyone working for a public authority or company wholly owned by a public authority needs to understand the Freedom of Information Act 2000. They need to know how and when they must respond when individuals request the information that is held about them.
This course enables learners to understand the legal responsibilities, the policies and procedures that need to be followed and how to put them into practice. It shows what is meant by “access to information”, what the law says and what needs to be done to comply. The decision making process is explained as well as the rules, how to manage confidential information and what all of this means for your organisation.
Freedom of Information for Accountants enables the learner to understand:
• The rights the public has to apply for information so that requests can be responded to appropriately and efficiently
• When and how requests need to be logged
• What action needs to be taken to promote good records and information management
• What policies need to be put in place, why and how to implement them
• How to comply with the law and continue to provide services effectively to the public
What the law says
• What is “Access to Information”?
• Who does the Freedom of Information Act apply to?
• What rights do people have to access information?
• When does FOI apply?
• What is a Publication Scheme?
Duties and obligations
• What rights does an applicant have to see the information requested?
• What happens if an applicant is not clear about the information they want?
• What limitations are there on what applicants can ask for?
• What rules do we have to work within?
• What kind of information is covered by exemptions?
• What about personal information?
• What about commercial information given in confidence?
• What happens if we disclose confidential information?
• What powers does the Information Commissioner have?
• What is the ultimate sanction for non compliance with FOI Act?
Target audience for Freedom of Information for Accountants
This course is relevant for accounting and finance professionals at all levels.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Freedom of Information for Accountants Online Course
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email email@example.com with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org