Online Course on Managing the Transition
to New UK & Ireland GAAP
The latest financial reporting regime is an accounting issue, but the transition to the UK and RoI Generally Accepted Accounting Practice (GAAP) impacts many other areas of the business. To ensure a smooth transition, according to author and expert Lisa Weaver, you need to manage it as a cohesive project which straddles relevant departments and roles.
In this course, she explains the best way to set up the project with clearly defined roles, effective documentation, and good communication both internally and externally and with other interested parties.
From developing the project plan to exploring how the transition might cause a change in strategy or policy, this course gives you everything you need to manage the transition efficiently and effectively.
At the end of this online CPD course you will be able to
• Understand why you need to plan the transition
• Find out about the key concepts involved
• Understand how to identify the main accounting impacts
• Identify systems and controls issues
• Understand how the transition will affect those inside, and outside of your organisation
• Put together a strategy to communicate the changes to those affected
This course is written for people working in the accounting and finance industry at all levels.
Key areas covered
• Basic concepts of planning the transition
• Introducing the latest GAAP as smoothly as possible
• The wider implications of the switch to the latest UK and Ireland GAAP
|Rating:||86% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“The course provided me with a clear insight into the new FRS and has enabled me to get an understanding for a paper I need to prepare and present.”
“By completing the questions and comments sections it made you think about what you had read which helps to retain the information.”
“Reminder of the importance of planning such a major event and ideas for getting all business functions involved.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of interactive activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
About the author of
Managing the Transition to the latest UK & Ireland GAAP
Lisa Weaver is a professionally qualified lecturer with 15 years experience of exam-based, and CPD lecturing for accounting and finance professionals.
Lisa qualified ACA with Deloitte, and spent 4 years in audit practice, with clients ranging from major charities, multi-national organisations and listed companies to football clubs.
Since leaving audit practice, Lisa has lectured financial reporting, audit and governance subjects, developing and delivering CPD courses for qualified accountants working in industry and in practice.
Her clients have included KPMG, PWC, National Grid, British Energy, Orange, ACCA, AAT, ICAEW and CIMA. Lisa has delivered courses across Europe, the Caribbean, China and South East Asia and is regularly published in ACCA’s Accounting and Business journal.
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive.
Course Price and Features
• This course provides 4 hours of verifiable CPD
• You can access the course unlimited times for 120 days following purchase
• Full price = £75 (plus VAT) less 10% Financial Fluency discount = £67.50 (plus VAT)
• Simply use the discount code “FF101” at checkout
Buy now or read more
Select the button below to either buy now or read more about this course.