Online Course on Employment Law for Accountants
Any accountant with responsibility for managing people must understand and be aware of the legal responsibilities they have on behalf of their company. A good grounding in employment law provides both the knowledge and the confidence to handle situations with your staff where following a legal procedure is a requirement.
This course provides an overview of employment law, giving practical and current advice to you on the key areas that you will come across in the day to day management of your staff.
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs|
|“As a manager I have to be aware of the rules surrounding employment law. The course was well written with the logic being easy to follow.”|
“Simple and straightforward, well understanding. I found the information helpful.”
“This course gave me a good oversight on employment law to give me more confidence in giving guidance to the small businesses I work for.”
“I wanted clear guidance on this area and the course provided that.”
“It gave me a greater insight into the problems facing most of my clients and will enable me to assist them in the future.”
“Allowed me to understand how the employment law is relevant to dealing with situations regarding disciplinary procedures for staff members who are not performing. It also allowed me to determine what my legal rights were as an “employee” myself.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Employment Law for Accountants enables you to
• Understand the importance of an employment contract and terms and conditions and how to get it right when recruiting new staff
• Learn about employee rights and how to handle situations where an issue may arise with the rights of a member of staff
• Understand the discipline and grievance procedure and the process that they need to follow to ensure employment law is adhered to
• Find out how to handle a dismissal by arming them with the legal facts they need to be aware of
• Access current information on the key aspects of employment law that will support them in their role as manager
Learning outcomes of Employment Law for Accountants
Handling employment contracts
• What is a contract?
• What types of contract are there?
• Who is involved in processing a contract?
• What is breach of contract?
• What if the contract needs to be changed?
Discipline and grievance
• What is the difference between “disciplinary rules” and “disciplinary procedure”?
• What constitutes a disciplinary matter?
• What are investigations?
• How do I take action with a disciplinary matter?
• What is an appeals procedure?
• How do I handle grievances?
Target audience for Employment Law for Accountants
This course is designed to appeal to accountants at all levels, whether managing technical or non technical staff in industry or in practice.
Those who are new to management or are preparing to take on a management role will find that this course provides a solid introduction to employment law.
More experienced or senior managers will value the opportunity to spend time refreshing their knowledge of employment law.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).