Online Course on
Corporate Financial Modelling
This course provides an introduction to applied financial modelling and shows you how to design, develop and build corporate financial models.
In particular, it demonstrates:
• the benefits of solid model planning and design, and
• how to build models in accordance with international best practice.
Financial modelling is essential to any business. You may need to build models for budgeting and forecasting, investment analysis, loan sizing, debt restructuring, valuation – the list is endless.
Even though financial models are an integral part of business, many models fail due to a lack of planning and poor structure.
Corporate Financial Modelling – The Process – enables the learner to:
• Understand the importance of model planning
• Develop a template from a blank sheet which will be used to build a model for financial analysis
• Identify model errors you may come across and understand how to avoid them
• Learn Excel shortcuts and functions to make the job more efficient
• Build a comprehensive cash flow valuation model in Excel
Learning outcomes of Corporate Financial Modelling – The Process
Modelling and model planning
• What is a financial model?
• What is a spreadsheet?
• What are your outputs?
• What are your standards?
• What are your individual components?
• What are the user requirements?
• Why is it important to plan?
• What can happen if you don’t plan?
• Why is it important to check for errors?
• How are errors made?
• What are input errors?
• What are calculation errors?
• What are output errors?
• How do you test for errors?
• How do you test for inconsistencies?
• How do you set up a template?
• How do you define a new style?
• How do you create a custom format?
• How do you set up data validation?
• How do you name cells and ranges?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of named cells?
• How do you input notes?
• How do you set up a timeline?
• How do you use masks?
• How should you label sheets?
• Why use shortcut keys?
• What function keys can you use?
• What letters can you use?
• What number shortcuts can you use?
• Why use operators?
• What do alternative keys do?
• What about Apple shortcuts?
• What are the outputs of the case?
• What are the individual components of the model?
• Where can you find the necessary accounts information?
• What does the income statement look like?
• What does the balance sheet look like?
• How do you use charts?
• How do you use line numbers?
About the author of Corporate Financial Modelling – The Process
Alastair Day has worked in the finance industry for more than thirty years and has extensive experience of financial modelling, finance and leasing. Alastair was previously a director of a start-up structured finance company, which grew rapidly and was subsequently sold to a public company.
Later, Alastair established Systematic Finance as an independent consultancy to concentrate on assignments in structured finance, leasing and financial model development.
Past projects have included investment analysis, debt restructuring, valuation, aircraft leasing, power and project finance models prepared for a variety of clients. In addition, Alastair designs and delivers courses covering financial modelling, credit analysis and equipment leasing.
He is the author of standard modelling textbooks such as Mastering Financial Modelling, Mastering Risk Modelling, Mastering Cash Flow and Valuation Modelling and Mastering Financial Mathematics in Excel, together with a number of technical leasing and credit books.
Alastair has a degree in German and Economics from London University and an MBA. He has held positions as an associate lecturer at the OUBS and the ifs University College (Chartered Institute of Bankers).
Buy Corporate Financial Modelling Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to email@example.com