Online Course covering Fraud and Corruption
There is increasing pressure on businesses to introduce more effective controls to prevent and reduce fraud and corruption.
No business is safe from predatory attacks which can come in a variety of guises so the need for increased vigilance is greater than ever before.
What is your role in preventing fraud and corruption?
This course will help you assess:
• the true risk to your organisation of fraud, corruption and bribery
• show you ways of reducing that the risk and
• how to introduce health checks to provide early warnings
• how this will lead to a significant reduction in the frequency and severity of incidents.
Fraud and Corruption enables the learner to:
• Assess the true cost of fraud and corruption to your organisation, and understand how to invest wisely to reduce that cost
• Appreciate the importance of behaviour, ethics and personality in tackling fraud
• Understand where fraud is likely to occur and what ‘tools’ might be used against your organisation.
• Grasp the breadth of legislation involved and how it applies to you.
“It was detailed and provided a clear explanation as to what financial crimes are, what a profile of a person engaged in financial crime is like and also activities which can be considered as bribery”
“I gained in-depth knowledge of fraud and corruption combatting”
“I work in high risk company where fraud and bribery is rifle. So this course gave me an insight of how to detect and prevent financial crime.”
“Intensive information on situations where fraud is likely to occur.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.
Learning outcomes of Fraud and Corruption
The true cost of fraud and corruption
• Why are fraud and corruption important?
• What counts as fraud and corruption?
• How much could we lose to fraud and corruption?
• How can we stop ourselves from losing money?
• What does an effective anti-fraud and corruption strategy look like?
What the law says
• What are the key initiatives around the world?
• What is the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act?
• What is the UK Bribery Act 2010?
• What are the relevant organisations and initiatives in Europe?
• What is the United Nations Convention Against Corruption?
Assessing the risks
• Where will fraud and corruption strike?
• What are the psychological tools of fraud and corruption?
• What are the hard tools of fraud and corruption?
• How can we profile fraud and corruption risk?
• How do we conduct a profiling exercise?
• What can we do to reduce the risk?
Investing in prevention and monitoring
• Why should we invest in preventing and monitoring fraud and corruption?
• How can I effectively detect fraud and corruption?
• What can my organisation achieve through training?
• How can I recognise “red flags”
• How can I complete a corporate health check?
Target audience for Fraud and Corruption
Professionals in an organisation who are responsible for overseeing or implementing anti-fraud and anti-corruption measures.
About the Author of Fraud and Corruption
Juan Carlos Venegas is an accountant, certified forensic consultant, fraud examiner and counter fraud specialist based in the UK and has been in accountancy practice since 2003.
He advises clients on financial management, budgeting and strategy implementation, fraud prevention and detection and UK/Spanish taxation.
He is a course writer and a tutor for Oxford College and also works in fraud and forensic investigation cases and tax investigations.
He is also a Finance Trainer for different international organisations based in the UK and abroad.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use promo code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price
Use promo code FF20 at checkout to receive £100 discount on 5 or more courses