Online Course on International
Taxation of Individuals
Gaining an understanding of the international aspects of UK tax is becoming increasingly necessary.
As people become more internationally mobile, the number of clients facing international tax issues of one kind or another is increasing.
Tax issues that once only affected wealthy clients advised by large firms, are increasingly affecting clients that might engage a high street or regional firm.
This course is designed to provide advisers with a good grounding in the
principles of international tax, processes for problem solving and specific rules
It explains how the principles and processes apply to situations and types of
income that are commonly seen.
This course combines practical planning points with warnings of pitfalls to avoid.
Understanding International Taxation of Individuals enables the learner to:
• Understand the common principles of international tax including the interaction of national law
and double tax treaties
• Be able to apply a process to international tax questions in order to determine the tax treatment
• Determine the tax treatment of UK income in the hands of non-residents and reliefs that often apply
• Ascertain the tax treatment of foreign income received by residents, including claiming double tax relief
• Advise non-domiciled persons whether the remittance basis is appropriate and how it applies
Learning outcomes of International Taxation of Individuals
Principles of international tax
• What are the initial steps when considering the right to tax income and domestic law?
• What are Double Tax Agreements?
• How do I read a Double Tax Agreement?
• What are withholding taxes?
• What is the process for problem solving?
UK income and non-residents
• Are interest and dividends taxable in the UK?
• How do I apply the disregarded income rules?
• How is rental income assessed?
• When is income from employment assessable to UK tax?
• In what cases are capital gains assessed?
• Who is entitled to a personal allowance?
• What if my client is moving overseas?
Foreign income and UK residents
• When is relief given by a DTA exemption?
• When can double tax relief be claimed?
• What are the principles behind DTR?
• What are the basic methods of giving DTR?
• What should foreign dividends be declared?
• What about foreign employment income?
• What are the rules on employment expenses?
Non-domiciles and the remittance basis
• What are the key features of the remittance basis?
• What is a remittance?
• What has been remitted?
• What is the Remittance Basis Charge?
• What happens when employment income is earned overseas?
• Should the RB be claimed?
Target audience for International Taxation of Individuals
This course is designed to appeal to people working in the accounting and finance industry at all levels.
About the Author of International Taxation of Individuals
Robin Sykes is an independent tax adviser who, having worked in both large and smaller firms, has a broad range of knowledge and experience.
Robin believes in providing pragmatic solutions to clients and carries this approach through to his writing – which is designed to provide practical information that can be used by professionals in their work – rather than simply being a regurgitation of sets of rules.
The majority of Robin’s work involves advising accountants and other professionals on tax issues affecting their clients.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy International Taxation of Individuals Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to email@example.com