Online Course on Business Valuation Techniques
What is the correct value for a business? In short, there’s no right answer.
There are numerous valuation methods and formulae that can be used when buying and selling a company and value can differ depending on an individual company’s circumstances.
Our online valuation course introduces you to valuation processes and provides an overview of the main valuation methods. The course includes exploring the use of multiples, cash flow discounting, target returns, balance sheet methods and value creation.
This business valuation online training course will enable you to
• Have an overview of business valuation and its processes
• Understand what a valuation multiple is, various multiples available and their processes
• Understand Cash Flow Discounting valuations and building a cash flow model
• Consider the variety of business valuation techniques that exist in addition to the more traditional including, the Berkus Method, the Scorecard Method and Goodwill Based Methods
Content of our business valuation course
An overview of valuation
• What is valuation?
• What is price?
• What circumstances call for a valuation?
• What is the valuation process?
• What is being valued?
• What are the main valuaton methods?
• What is a valuation multiple?
• How do you calculate a multiple?
• What periods are used to calculate multiples?
• How should you choose comparable companies?
• How should transactions be used?
• What are the Enterprise Value multiples?
• What are the Equity Value multiples?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of using multiple-based valuation?
Cash Flow Discounting
• What is Cash Flow Discounting valuation?
• How do you build a discounted cash flow model?
• What are the stages of building a cash flow model?
• How do you get the right numbers for a discounted cash flow model?
• How do you project sales and gross margin?
• What intangibles should be considered in the discounted cash flow model?
• How do you do the maths?
• What is Terminal Value?
• What are Real Options?
• What is the Dividend Discount model?
Target Returns, Balance Sheet Methods & Value Creation
• What is Return on Investment?
• What is the Venture Capital Method?
• What is the Berkus Method?
• What is the Scorecard Method?
• What is Net Asset Value?
• What are Goodwill Based Methods?
• What is Value Creation?
Target audience for our Business Valuation Online Course
Buy Business Valuation Techniques
Accounting and finance professionals in practice and in industry.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of our business valuation course
Peter Howson is a director of AMR International, London’s leading independent provider of commercial due diligence. He has so far worked on over 200 due diligence assignments.
In addition he has over 25 years of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and business development experience gained both in industry and as an adviser.
Prior to joining AMR in 1998, Peter worked at United Engineering Steels (a joint venture between British Steel and GKN), TI Group, T&N and spent three years in corporate finance at Barings.
At TI Group he worked in its Spanish joint venture with the Japanese company Kayaba and subsequently on 70 transactions, which transformed TI from a UK based supplier of commodity products to a global manufacturer of niche engineering products.
At Barings he was a member of the Corporate Finance team concentrating on manufacturing industry.
Peter has a degree in Economics, is a CIMA qualified accountant and holds an MBA from Manchester Business School. He has written three M&A and due diligence related books:
• Due Diligence: The Critical Stage in Acquisitions and Mergers, published by Gower April 2003
• Acquisition Essentials: A Step-by-Step Guide to Smarter M&A Deals (with Denzil Rankine), published by FT/Prentice Hall October 2005
• Commercial Due Diligence: The Key to Understanding Value in an Acquisition, published by Gower May 2006
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email email@example.com with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org