Online Course on
Business Valuation Techniques
What is the correct value for a business? In short, there’s no right answer.
There are numerous valuation methods and formulae that can be used when buying and selling a company and value can differ depending on an individual company’s circumstances.
Our online valuation course introduces you to valuation processes and provides an overview of the main valuation methods. The course includes exploring the use of multiples, cash flow discounting, target returns, balance sheet methods and value creation.
At the end of this online CPD course you will be able to
• Have an overview of business valuation and its processes
• Understand what a valuation multiple is, various multiples available and their processes
• Understand Cash Flow Discounting valuations and building a cash flow model
• Consider the variety of business valuation techniques that exist in addition to the more traditional including, the Berkus Method, the Scorecard Method and Goodwill Based Methods
This course is written for people working in the accounting and finance industry at all levels.
Key areas covered
• An overview of valuation
• Valuation Multiples
• Cash Flow Discounting
• Target Returns, Balance Sheet Methods & Value Creation
About the Author of our business valuation course
Peter Howson is a director of AMR International, London’s leading independent provider of commercial due diligence. He has so far worked on over 200 due diligence assignments.
In addition he has over 25 years of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and business development experience gained both in industry and as an adviser.
Prior to joining AMR in 1998, Peter worked at United Engineering Steels (a joint venture between British Steel and GKN), TI Group, T&N and spent three years in corporate finance at Barings.
At TI Group he worked in its Spanish joint venture with the Japanese company Kayaba and subsequently on 70 transactions, which transformed TI from a UK based supplier of commodity products to a global manufacturer of niche engineering products.
At Barings he was a member of the Corporate Finance team concentrating on manufacturing industry.
Peter has a degree in Economics, is a CIMA qualified accountant and holds an MBA from Manchester Business School. He has written three M&A and due diligence related books:
• Due Diligence: The Critical Stage in Acquisitions and Mergers, published by Gower April 2003
• Acquisition Essentials: A Step-by-Step Guide to Smarter M&A Deals (with Denzil Rankine), published by FT/Prentice Hall October 2005
• Commercial Due Diligence: The Key to Understanding Value in an Acquisition, published by Gower May 2006
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive.
Course Price and Features
• This course provides 4 hours of verifiable CPD
• You can access the course unlimited times for 120 days following purchase
• Full price = £75 (plus VAT) less 10% Financial Fluency discount = £67.50 (plus VAT)
• Simply use the discount code “FF101” at checkout
Buy now or read more
Select the button below to either buy now or read more about this course.