Online Course on
Presenting Numerical Data
As an accountant you will deal with numbers every day. But how do you communicate numerical data to others? Translating the information you have in a way that makes it accessible to everyone is a key skill. Well-presented and focused data can help you and your colleagues make effective decisions. It can also build support for new initiatives and ideas.
This course demonstrates how best to share and present numerical data to support your individual and organisational goals. You’ll explore how effective use of data can enable informed business decisions and win support for ideas while considering your audience, goals and the wider context. You’ll also discover how to express numerical data in words or visuals, accessibly interpret it for non-specialist audiences and manage ambiguity and uncertainty.
Our Presenting Numerical Data Course will enable the learner to:
• Select, share and interpret data in a range of professional contexts
• Understand the difference between data, knowledge and insight
• Pose critical questions to interrogate other people’s data
• Use verbal and visual methods to explain complex material to a non-finance audience
• Build persuasive arguments founded on data
• Consider the value and challenges associated with unstructured and big data
• Evaluate and improve your ability to effectively present data
Learning outcomes of Presenting Financial and Numerical Data
Sharing data in a professional context
• How and why is data shared in professional contexts?
• How is presenting data different from other forms of communication?
• What methods should I use to share data?
• What are the barriers to effectively presenting numerical data?
• What skills do I need to effectively present data?
Taking a critical approach to data
• What types of data do I need to know about?
• What is the difference between data, information and knowledge?
• How may data be manipulated for different purposes?
• How should I interrogate other people’s data?
• What do I need to know about analysis and forecasting?
Selecting and interpreting data and information
• How should I decide what data to share?
• What information do I need to know about the data I share?
• How much detail should I include?
• How should I explain the data I share?
• What do I need to know about big data?
Sharing data to inform decisions
• What should I think about when sharing data for decision-making?
• What methods should I use to share data and information for decision-making?
• How should I present data in written documents?
• How should I share data in a presentation?
• What visual tools could I use?
• How should I handle ambiguity and uncertainty?
Using data to persuade and influence
• What should I think about when using data to persuade and influence?
• How can data help me win support for ideas?
• How can I build a convincing argument using data?
• How can I tell engaging stories using data?
• How should I handle questions and concerns about data?
Target audience for our Presenting Numerical Data Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of Presenting Numerical Data
Anna Faherty is a writer, lecturer and consultant working across the publishing, museum and charity sectors.
She has hands-on management experience as a director of a multi-million pound publishing division and a trustee of a small independent museum.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Presenting Financial and Numerical Data Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email email@example.com with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org