Online Course on managing and completing a Value Stream Mapping (VSM) exercise
Do you know which business processes add value to your consumers and which do not? Many businesses today carry on with activities without truly knowing their value.
Value Stream Mapping (VSM) is based on manufacturing process improvement methodology – famously implemented by the Toyota car company.
VSM can apply to all aspects of understanding and improving business processes. It provides a well-defined toolset to identify and remove the non-value adding activity from your business and improve processes to help you become more efficient and effective, and with a customer focus in mind.
This online training course provides a framework for setting up, managing and completing a VSM exercise. Real world examples of both successful and less than perfect implementations help you understand how to really make VSM work in your organisation.
Our Value Stream Mapping Online Course will enable the learner to:
• Understand the concepts and terminology surrounding VSM
• Decide if the approach is needed for your particular project, function or organisation
• Set a framework for implementation
• Use VSM techniques to review areas of the business that are underperforming, or where cost reduction or increased throughput is needed
Content of our Value Stream Mapping course
• What is value stream mapping?
• What are the benefits of VSM?
• Why do you need tools and techniques to drive improvement?
• How can you combat resistance to change?
• How does VSM fit into a continuous improvement culture?
Structure and format
• How do you plan your first VSM event?
• What is required to run a VSM event?
• Who should be involved?
• How do you run a VSM event?
• When do you run a VSM event?
Tools and techniques
• How do you map the current state?
• How do you map the future state?
• What are Kaizen events?
• What is the VSM charter?
• What is the transformation plan?
• What can go wrong?
• How do VSM events fail?
• What lessons can you learn from past mistakes?
Target audience for our Value Stream Mapping Online Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of our XXX course
Chris Bruce is Operations Director for Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine, a premier provider of Navigation solutions to the Commercial and Military Marine market.
With over 25 years experience, he has overseen the implementation of countless products, systems and solutions from turn-key programs through to volume market products from initial idea through to end of life and has an MBA from Kingston University.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Value Stream Mapping Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket