Online Course on Networking Skills for Accountants
All accounting and finance professionals have a network, whether they focus on it actively or not. For some it is a source of specialist technical advice or a resource that can help them to meet their clients’ needs. For others it is the source of new clients.
This course explains the key skills needed to make the most of a network, expand it and ensure that it meets career and business needs. Practical exercises and activities make it easy for any accountant to put the sound advice into practice.
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs|
|“Very User Friendly with simple use of language to get the message across”
|“The biggest advantage for me is not having to travel to Dublin from Dundalk. I like the flexibility of logging on and off as it suits. The layout and content is clear and concise also.”|
|“Kept me involved and required input to make me think the answers through.”
|“The course covered a wide scope and gave plenty of scenarios and food for thought.”
“It helped me to think more in-depth about themes that I had been trying for some time to consider on my own steam.”
“When you work mainly on your own, it can be extremely difficult to then interact with others. This course is an effective users-guide to getting your feet wet – when communication of any form has become a bit of a chore.”
“Practical networking issues were considered in depth. It breaks and simplifies down Networking processes and I have already started applying the steps.”
“The presentation and how it makes you to put on your thinking cap.”
“Able to give me practical information on how to set up and further my network.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Networking Skills enables learners to
- Understand the purpose of networking and the skill sets involved
- Improve the core skills needed for building relationships
- Research and plan conversations effectively
- Make the most of conversations with existing or potential members of their network
- Manage and administer their network effectively
- Develop their network over time as their objectives change
- Understand how to keep their network under control
Learning outcomes of Networking Skills for Accountants
- What is networking?
- Why should I network?
- What skills do I need to network effectively?
Developing your network
- Who should I include in my network?
- How do I find new contacts?
- How do I plan to network?
- How can I start or join a conversation?
- What can I do to make sure people remember me?
- What should I talk about?
- How do I move on from a conversation?
- How should I prepare for specific events?
- What do I do after the conversation is over?
- How often should I contact my contacts?
- How do I keep my contacts happy?
- How do I network within my organisation?
Managing and using your network
- How do I use my network?
- What technology can help me?
- How do I keep my network under control?
- What do I need to remember going forward?
Target audience for Networking Skills for Accountants
This course is designed to appeal to accountants at all stages of their career.
Those who are less experienced may not have considered these topics before and will find significant improvements in the way they operate and in their overall effectiveness.
More experienced or senior people will value the opportunity to think through their approach once more and identify potential improvements in the way they operate.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use promo code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price
Use promo code FF20 at checkout to receive £100 discount on 5 or more courses