Online Course on Building a Financial Model
This is course number two in a series of four courses.
Every financial model is built on the same foundations: an understanding of its purpose,
who it is for, and its scope.
This course explains how to set up the Excel spreadsheet and complete the initial steps of:
• building a financial model,
• structuring calculations
• looking into costs and revenues,
• time periods,
• cash balances and
Understanding Building a Financial Model
enables the learner to:
• Set up and build a comprehensive financial model
• Calculate costs and revenues
• Decide which time periods you need to use and when and where to use flags
• Create understandable and useful reports
|Rating:||100% said it met their professional development objectives|
“I frequently prepare financial models, this course highlighted several modelling improvements I can use in future.”
“Very useful guidelines to use in any type of project going forward.”
“It built upon the knowledge/practice gained from the introductory course and provided me with a better understanding of modelling that I can use in my everyday work.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Building a Financial Model
Setting up a Financial Model
• Who uses a financial model?
• How should I set up a financial model?
• What are the MS Excel settings for financial model build?
• What should be included in a template?
• How should I incorporate FAST principles?
Costs and Revenues
• What are the different ingredients required to calculate the operating costs?
• What would the concept diagram look like?
• How do I build a calculation that I can use to quickly model the operating costs?
• What would be different in the calculation on the revenue?
• How do I build a calculation to quickly model the revenue?
Target audience for Building a Financial Model
Accounting and finance professionals in practice and in industry.
About the author of Building a Financial Model
Grant Thornton UK LLP specialise in developing, building and reviewing financial models for clients.
Grant Thornton is one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms. Over 38,500 Grant Thornton people, across 120 countries, are focused on making a difference to clients, colleagues and the communities in which they live and work.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price