Online Course on Activity Based Management
Activity Based Management (ABM) provides the information managers require for making the key decisions that boost business performance.
This includes information such as the true cost of making products, providing services and the costs of servicing customers.
It looks at which products, services and customers are profitable and which are not, as well as the level of resource required in future periods to make predicted volumes of products and provide planned levels of customer service.
Packed with detailed examples, drawn from practice, this course will help you to put these challenging ideas into practice in your own or your clients’ organisations.
Activity Based Management enables the learner to
- Measure and therefore identify opportunities to enhance product and customer profitability
- Plan resource requirements, improve processes and reduce output costs
- Use the data in the business to identify areas for financial improvement and model the outcome of different actions
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“ABM is not something I’ve ever worked with – covered it while doing an MBA 8 years ago. The course module has given me a much better understanding.”
“This is the first time I’ve used an on-line CPD course – I have another three to look forward to.”
“A very detailed analysis of ABM which was easy to follow.”
“There was a lot of detail for a 4 hour course. It met my expectation and more.”
“The layout continuously captures the attention of the reader, it is never boring!”
“I didn’t know what ABM was and this course has taught me its concept and application in the real world”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Activity Based Management
ABM in Context
- Is the customer always right?
- What led to the development of ABM?
- What is ABM?
- What are the frameworks for measurement and improvement?
- What is the ABM framework?
Flow of Costs
- What are the flow of costs through an ABM model?
- What are the cost objects?
- What other costs are involved?
- What about product and customer profitability?
- How do I use process and process improvement?
- How do I embed the model?
Basic Principles of Building Models
- What is the flow of costs in the model?
- How should I use the general ledger?
- What are the categories of costs and activities?
- How do I assign costs from the general ledger?
- What do I need to know about cost drivers?
- How do I assign costs from the ledger to activities?
- How do I reassign costs to other departments?
- How do I assign frontline activities to the cost objects?
- How do I use unit costs for analysis?
Undertaking an ABM Project
- What are the objectives of the project?
- What are the key steps I need to take?
- What are the areas of potential difficulty?
- What software do I need?
- Who should I involve?
- How should I embed and refresh the model?
- How do I use ABM outputs to improve performance?
- How do I use ABM for commercial decision support?
ABM in the Real World
- How do I integrate business process re-engineering?
- How do I integrate value-based management?
- How do I integrate customer relationship management?
- How does ABM offer a new perspective?
- How can I make ABM work?
- What difference can ABM make?
Target audience for Activity Based Management
Accountants and finance managers in practice and in industry as well as any manager who is charged with achieving lower costs or higher margins. This is an ideal tool for analysis techniques used by sales, commercial, operations departments as well as shared and central services.
About the author of Activity Based Management
Brian Plowman is a founding partner and managing director of Develin and Partners, a UK based management consultancy firm.
He has 30 years’ consulting experience and has specialised in the development of methods for Activity Based Management and Business Process Management.
He is a Chartered Engineer, Chartered Management Consultant, a Fellow of the Institute of Management Consulting and author of several books in his specialist fields.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Activity Based Management Online Course
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email email@example.com with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org