Online Course on Thinking Strategically for Accountants
Thinking Strategically for Accountants has been designed for accounting and finance professionals who want to develop their strategic thinking skills. The course enables learners to deal with uncertainty, question the status quo and use a combination of creative and analytical skills.
With activities and scenarios based in the finance world, this course will show learners why strategy is important to finance professionals, and offer tips to help them to think strategically within the organisation.
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“It challenged me as a business person to think differently.”
|“This course Increased my awareness about the importance of Strategic planning”|
“I will definitely be coming back to look at the resource centre. I have added some of the website links to my favourites as they were really interesting.”
“It was more targeted towards my role than courses I have attended in the past.”
“I feel empowered to discuss strategic goals setting with my manager.”
“It was really interesting! I enjoyed the articles that I was directed to. It wasn’t too preoccupied by the models and introduced some real world experience.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Thinking Strategically for Accountants
Strategy and you
- What is strategy?
- Why is strategy important?
- How is strategy different from planning?
- What is strategic thinking?
- Who needs to think strategically?
- How will thinking strategically improve my performance?
- When should I think strategically?
- Can thinking strategically be a bad thing?
- How is thinking strategically different to what I do the rest of the time?
- What skills do I need to be able to think strategically?
- What is creative thinking?
- How do I research and analyse information?
- How do I make decisions?
- How do I communicate strategy?
- How do I handle uncertainty and change?
- Where can I find inspiration?
Theory and process
- What is the right way to do strategy?
- What strategic theory should I be aware of?
- What processes do organisations typically go through to develop strategy?
- What processes do organisations typically go through to implement strategy?
- How do I keep up with new developments?
Tools and techniques
- Why should I use strategic tools?
- How do I create a SWOT analysis?
- What internal factors should I consider?
- What external factors should I consider?
- How do I plan for the future?
- How can I measure success?
- What other tools might I need to know about?
Making it happen
- How does theory work in practice?
- How do I fit into the strategic process?
- How can I contribute to my organisation’s strategy?
- What makes a good strategy work?
- How do I monitor and evaluate what I’ve been doing?
- What other factors do I need to take into account?
- What do I do if I don’t agree with the strategy?
- When should strategy change?
Target audience for Thinking Strategically for Accountants
Accounting and finance professionals in practice and in industry
About the Author of Thinking Strategically
Anna Faherty is a writer, lecturer and consultant working across the publishing, museum and charity sectors.
She has hands-on management experience as a director of a multi-million pound publishing division and a trustee of a small independent museum.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).