Online Course on Recruitment and Selection
This course focuses on the recruitment process from the need to recruit arising right through to making the job offer.
It is equally well suited to the recruitment of accounting and finance professionals and non-technical staff.
It provides practical advice on writing a good job profile, finding and shortlisting the right candidates, preparing properly for interview and making the right selection as well as conducting the interview itself.
Recruitment and Selection enables learners to
- Understand and follow the recruitment and selection process
- Profile a job by defining accountabilities, standards and competencies
- Write and place an advert which attracts the right candidates
- Understand issues of equality and discrimination and their implications
- Prepare effectively for the interview
- Use effective body language and questioning to get the best out of candidates atinterview
- Make an informed selection based on appropriate criteria
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs|
“It was helpful that is gave step by step guidelines about the whole process.”
|“I now have a better understanding on how to interview and select a candidate.”|
|“It’s great that you can work on it at your own pace!”|
|“It was very versatile…the ability to do some of it when I had some spare time was brilliant.”|
“I am now confident that I will be able to recruit someone in a correct objective manner and find the best possible candidate.”
“I wanted to learn more about interviews and questioning techniques and I got the opportunity to learn about the a to z of recruiting.”
“It gave me more information on how to prepare for interviews and what to cover.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Profiling the job
- What is a job profile?
- How do I profile a job?
- How do I write the job profile?
- How can I find suitable candidates?
- How should I write the advert?
- How should I administer the application process?
- How do I make a shortlist?
Preparing to interview
- How should I set up the interview?
- How should I plan my questions?
- How should I lay out my interview plan?
Conducting the interview
- How should I structure the interview?
- How should I open the interview?
- How should I question the candidate?
- How do I make sure I’m listening properly?
- How should I conclude the interview?
- What about second interviews?
Selecting and appointing
- What selection process should I use?
- How do I decide who the best candidate is?
- What do I do once I’ve selected a candidate?
- What happens once the candidate has accepted?
Target audience for Recruitment and Selection
This course is designed specifically to meet the needs of people involved in recruiting accounting and finance staff at any level.
Those who are new to recruitment and selection will find that this course guides them through the process from beginning to end.
Those with more experience will value the opportunity to review their approach to recruitment and selection, practise their skills and build on their experience.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).