Online Course on FRS 102:
How will the numbers change?
Do you know what your numbers look like?
To really understand the move away from existing UK GAAP you’ll have to be aware of the key numerical impacts of your new financial reporting framework.
For some assets reported under FRS 102, there will be little or no numerical
impact compared against treatments under old UK GAAP.
However, some aspects of changing treatments under FRS 102 will have a
numerical impact on your financial statements.
This course will help you, through practical example, understand the numerical impact of following FRS 102, FRS 101 and full IFRS on your financial statements, and to apply that understanding to your organisation as you make your decision about which framework to follow.
FRS 102: How will the numbers change? enables the learner to:
• Understand the key numerical impacts of your new financial reporting framework
• Apply your understanding to your organisation when deciding which framework to follow
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“It gave me a practical overview of the implications of reporting under FRS102.”
“Provided a general overview summarising the main changes with examples.”
“We are changing to FRS 102 from October 2015, so the course is invaluable in explaining what differences there are between old UK GAAP and how we will need to account for certain items in the future.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of FRS 102: How will the numbers change?
• What is the impact of FRS 102 on borrowing costs?
• How does FRS 102 impact operating leases on the financial statement?
• How does FRS 102 impact associates on the financial statement?
• What is the impact of FRS 102 on joint ventures?
• How does FRS 102 impact investment property on the financial statement?
• What impact does FRS 102 have on the valuation of non-specialised property?
• How does FRS 102 impact the allocation of impairment loss?
• What impact does FRS 102 have on goodwill?
• How are leases accounted for under FRS 102?
• What does FRS 102 say about debt financing?
• How is convertible debt accounted for under FRS 102?
• How are foreign currency transactions accounted for under FRS 102?
• How does FRS 102 establish deferred tax?
• How much guidance is given on revenue recognition?
• What does FRS 102 sat about hedge accounting?
• Investment property
• Joint venture
• Defined benefit plan
• What does FRS 102 say about revalued assets?
• How often are residual values assessed?
• How is impairment loss allocated?
• What is the format of financial statements?
• Where does FRS 102 stand on hedge accounting?
• How does deferred tax alter the income statement under FRS 102?
About the Author of FRS 102: How will the numbers change?
Lincoln Miles is a professional financial reporting trainer who has provided accountancy training for 15 years.
Lincoln specialises in UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP and runs a training and consulting business that provides services in the UK, Poland, Bulgaria, Greece, Slovakia, Romania Czech Republic and the Channel Islands.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).