Online Course on Selling a Business
Selling a business is a difficult and complex transaction. Achieving a smooth exit depends on early planning. Sellers need to think about structuring the business for exit, about timing, the economy and their employees. Selling a Business covers the steps from putting together information to stimulate interest, marketing the business, negotiating the outline of the sale, going through due diligence, the purchase agreement and finally to completion.
Selling a Business is a very practical course, useful for anyone involved in selling a business. It provides learners with up-to-date and detailed information on what is involved, presented in an accessible way that will enable a learner to apply their knowledge so that the sale of a business can be completed smoothly and successfully.
At the end of this online CPD course you will be able to
• Choose the right advisors and use them effectively
• Put together a comprehensive information memorandum
• Carefully control the release of business information
• Review the sale and purchase agreement
• Prepare for negotiations properly
• Ensure that due diligence is carried out as quickly and effectively as possible
This course is written for people working in the accounting and finance industry at all levels.
Key areas covered
• Deciding to sell
• Launching the sale
• Negotiating the sale
• Completing the sale
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“An excellent refresher that sharpened my skills and was directly relevant to my current work load”
“Very practical with excellent examples. No jargon – clear and precise throughout. The quiz is an excellent method of recalling the information. The course was comprehensive.”
“Concise course very well organised.”
“Met my objectives of increasing knowledge of sales process considerations and decisions to take – and my potential role for future employers.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of interactive activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Author of Selling a Business
Peter Howson is a director of AMR International, London’s leading independent provider of commercial due diligence. He has so far worked on over 200 due diligence assignments.
In addition he has over 25 years of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and business development experience gained both in industry and as an adviser.
Prior to joining AMR in 1998, Peter worked at United Engineering Steels (a joint venture between British Steel and GKN), TI Group, T&N and spent three years in corporate finance at Barings.
At TI Group he worked in its Spanish joint venture with the Japanese company Kayaba and subsequently on 70 transactions, which transformed TI from a UK based supplier of commodity products to a global manufacturer of niche engineering products.
At Barings he was a member of the Corporate Finance team concentrating on manufacturing industry.
Peter has a degree in Economics, is a CIMA qualified accountant and holds an MBA from Manchester Business School. He has written three M&A and due diligence related books:
• Due Diligence: The Critical Stage in Acquisitions and Mergers, published by Gower April 2003
• Acquisition Essentials: A Step-by-Step Guide to Smarter M&A Deals (with Denzil Rankine), published by FT/Prentice Hall October 2005
• Commercial Due Diligence: The Key to Understanding Value in an Acquisition, published by Gower May 2006
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive.
Course Price and Features
• This course provides 4 hours of verifiable CPD
• You can access the course unlimited times for 120 days following purchase
• Full price = £75 (plus VAT) less 10% Financial Fluency discount = £67.50 (plus VAT)
• Simply use the discount code “FF101” at checkout
Buy now or read more
Select the button below to either buy now or read more about this course.