Online Course on Project Management for Accountants
Balancing important short term tasks with the completion of critical but longer term project based work is a key challenge for most accounting and finance professionals, whether they are called a “project manager” or not.
Managing projects of any size requires a defined approach and a very specific set of skills and knowledge – yet there are so many different project management methodologies available. This course draws on some of the common principles in current project management thinking and puts them into context specifically for accounting and finance professionals.
Project Management for Accountants covers all the stages from how a project comes into existence through to what needs to be done once it is complete – including defining the needs, writing the brief, building and managing a team, considering the costs and monitoring a team.
Project Management for Accountants enables learners to
- Overcome any initial stumbling blocks
- Understand what a project is so you can clearly define what is involved to ensure each stage of the project can be understood and implemented effectively
- Ensure you deliver projects on time and within budget by understanding what management tools to use, how to schedule, plan and cost a project
- Maximise your chance of success by ensuring your project teams have the right blend of knowledge, experience and perspectives
- Ensure the project hand-over and launch goes smoothly so you can focus on measuring its success
- Minimise the chance of problems with the project by learning techniques for managing risk and maintaining quality
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“It covered everything I wanted to know and it was very useful to have it split into modules which you could do a bit of each week.”
|“I liked the way it assessed how best you learn and they were absolutely correct in their assessment. I learned very quickly because of this.”|
|“It explained in detail how you would come up with solutions right through to implementing them.”|
“It contained everything…Brilliant course”
“Comprehensive coverage of best practice for project management, including worked examples and guidance documents.”
“All my concerns about my short comings in Project Management were erased by this course.”
“Definitions well explained and examples very relevant to my working experience.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Project Management for Accountants
What is project management?
- What is a project?
- What are the stages of a project?
- What is project management?
- What are project constraints?
Defining the project
- Who identifies the need for a project?
- Who is involved at the project definition stage?
- How do we define customer needs?
- How do I write a project brief?
- What happens once the project brief is signed-off?
- What is my role as project manager?
- How do I build a project team?
Beginning the project
Target audience for Project Management for Accountants
This course is designed to appeal to staff who are responsible for project work. Less experienced staff will find that the course will help them understand the process and be more effective at managing a project.
More experienced or senior people will value the opportunity to spend time reviewing their approach to project management techniques.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use promo code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price