Online Course on Cash / Treasury Management
Cash is king and the lifeblood of a business. Without cash a business will fail.
Treasury / cash management is about making sure that the right money is in the right place at the right time.
This online training course looks at the basic components of cash management, namely the ways and means of paying money out and collecting money in, and the attributes of the bank accounts over which these transactions flow. It also explores the potential pitfalls and techniques for mitigating them.
The course also looks at building relationships so that you are able to work well with the people you need to pay and the people you are buying from so that you can make the most of the cash that you are moving around.
Our Online Cash Management Course will enable the learner to:
• Familiarise yourself with all types of payment and collection instrument – paper-based and electronic
• Gain an overview of key elements of cost, including payment fees, different types of float and service fees
• Gain a detailed understanding of the different eBanking tools available
• Compare structures for managing bank account balances efficiently, and understand where external investing and borrowing fit into the picture
Content of our cash / treasury management course
• What are cheques and drafts?
• What are the different types of card?
• How are bulk or batch payments processed?
• How are international payments processed?
• What is the Single Euro Payments Area?
• What happens when subsidiaries negotiate invoice terms peer-to-peer?
• What is multilateral netting?
• What is float?
• What is mail float?
• What is funds float?
• What is information float?
• When do banking fees apply to payments?
• What are interchange fees?
• What are the rules around reversal of payments?
• When can cheques be reversed?
• How do you reverse direct debits?
• What happens if the creditor doesn’t get their money?
Electronic banking, statements and advices
• What are the basic functions of a bank’s eBanking tool?
• What are the pitfalls of eBanking?
• How do banks process end-of-day reporting and reconciliation?
• What is intraday reporting?
• What are advices?
• How secure are payment templates for individual payments?
• What functions are in place for file handling?
• What are the different approaches to eBanking?
• What are the benefits and pitfalls of using public eBanking models?
• What are the different SWIFT data formats?
Account structures and systems
• What are the attributes of a basic current account?
• What are investment accounts?
• What are tiered interest accounts?
• What are multi-currency accounts?
• What is zero-balancing and target balancing?
• When can zero-balancing and target balancing systems create intercompany relationships?
• What does interest enhancement do?
• What is notional pooling?
• How does notional pooling work?
Short-term borrowing and investment options
• What are the features of a short-term loan agreement?
• What are the variants of bill financing?
• What is commercial paper?
• What are call and time deposits?
• What is tradeable investment?
• How do you invest in government bills and bonds?
• How are credit risks and credit ratings measured?
• What is liquidity risk?
• What are the risks associated with yield curve?
Target audience for our Cash Management Online Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the author of our cash management course
Bob Lyddon is an experienced management consultant both privately and with PwC. Recent engagements include running the IBOS international banking alliance, designing a cross-currency notional pooling service, advising a UK association of payment providers how to access UK and international payment systems, and advising a major player in global payments as to the opportunities and threats arising from the establishment of a new regulator for the UK’s payment systems.
Bob is on the faculty of trainers for the UK Association of Corporate Treasurers, and regularly contributes to industry conferences and periodicals.
With PwC, Bob managed several programmes at the time of the initial introduction of the Euro, and prior to that, in a career in international banking spanning 17 years, Bob designed the “Connector” payments network for Bank Boston, and arranged numerous syndicated loans and derivatives transactions for Chemical Bank/Manufacturers Hanover and for Lloyds Bank International.
Bob Lyddon holds a First Class degree in Modern Languages from the University of Cambridge.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Cash / Treasury Management Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to email@example.com