Online Course on Cash / Treasury Management
Cash is king and the lifeblood of a business. Without cash a business will fail.
Treasury / cash management is about making sure that the right money is in the right place at the right time.
This online training course looks at the basic components of cash management, namely the ways and means of paying money out and collecting money in, and the attributes of the bank accounts over which these transactions flow. It also explores the potential pitfalls and techniques for mitigating them.
The course also looks at building relationships so that you are able to work well with the people you need to pay and the people you are buying from so that you can make the most of the cash that you are moving around.
At the end of this online CPD course you will be able to
• Familiarise yourself with all types of payment and collection instrument – paper-based and electronic
• Gain an overview of key elements of cost, including payment fees, different types of float and service fees
• Gain a detailed understanding of the different eBanking tools available
• Compare structures for managing bank account balances efficiently, and understand where external investing and borrowing fit into the picture
This course is written for people working in the accounting and finance industry at all levels.
Key areas covered
• Making payments
• Collecting payments
• Electronic banking, statements and advices
• Account structures and systems
• Short-term borrowing and investment options
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles
About the author of our cash management course
Bob Lyddon is an experienced management consultant both privately and with PwC. Recent engagements include running the IBOS international banking alliance, designing a cross-currency notional pooling service, advising a UK association of payment providers how to access UK and international payment systems, and advising a major player in global payments as to the opportunities and threats arising from the establishment of a new regulator for the UK’s payment systems.
Bob is on the faculty of trainers for the UK Association of Corporate Treasurers, and regularly contributes to industry conferences and periodicals.
With PwC, Bob managed several programmes at the time of the initial introduction of the Euro, and prior to that, in a career in international banking spanning 17 years, Bob designed the “Connector” payments network for Bank Boston, and arranged numerous syndicated loans and derivatives transactions for Chemical Bank/Manufacturers Hanover and for Lloyds Bank International.
Bob Lyddon holds a First Class degree in Modern Languages from the University of Cambridge.
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive.
Course Price and Features
• This course provides 4 hours of verifiable CPD
• You can access the course unlimited times for 120 days following purchase
• Full price = £75 (plus VAT) less 10% Financial Fluency discount = £67.50 (plus VAT)
• Simply use the discount code “FF101” at checkout
Buy now or read more
Select the button below to either buy now or read more about this course.