Online Course on
Managing Risk in Social Media
Social media is a powerful marketing tool for organisations but it is not without risk.
These risks can have a major impact on you, your career and your organisation. And they can happen whether or not you are using social media.
Managing Risk in Social Media helps you analyse and prepare your organisation for the problems that may occur when using social media.
It helps you navigate around how to handle internal social accounts and deal with external social media activity which your organisation may become involved in.
Managing Risk in Social Media will not only help you to understand, identify and manage risks, but will also guide you in preparing to protect your organisation from damages that may be caused.
Understanding Managing Risk in Social Media
enables the learner to:
• Identify social media risks and assess their potential effects
• Understand both external and internal risks of social media
• Know where to look for social media risks within your organisation
• Learn the legal and reputational risks from social media
• Audit risks for your organisation and prepare for a crisis
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“I am involved in risk management so it was very useful. Social media risk is an emerging risk that can’t be ignored, but must be managed.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Managing Risk in Social Media
Social Media and Risk
• What is risk in social media?
• Why is social media a problem?
• What different types of risk are there?
• Where can you find risk within an organisation?
• What is social listening?
• Why consider the process risks?
• What strategic risks should I be aware of?
• What are the IT risks from social media?
• What are the HR risks from social media?
• What compliance risks are found in social media?
Asset and Value Risk in Social Media
• Why are asset risks important?
• How can social media damage share prices?
• What are the legal risks from social media?
• Is social media a wasted investment?
• What are the intellectual property risks?
• Why is corporate reputation so important?
• Protecting reputations online
• Avoiding social media campaign disasters
• Managing customer comments in social media
• External websites
Target audience for Managing Risk in Social Media
This course is designed for managers and accountants who wish to understand how to manage the strategic, reputational and operational risks associated with social media.
About the author of Managing Risk in Social Media
Jeremy Swinfen Green has worked in online marketing, communication and business strategy since 1993.
In 1995 he was appointed the first Digital Media Director by Aegis, the holding company of the Carat media agency group.
Subsequent to that he worked as Strategic Operations Director for media owner emap digital, Managing Partner at digital consultancy iLevel Generator, Digital Director at direct response agency MC&C, and Managing Director at the user experience consultancy Amberlight.
He has run Social Media Risk Consulting and its sister agency Mosoco, which provides social media marketing services, since 2013.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Use code FF101 at checkout to receive the Financial Fluency special price