Online Course on Communicating for Professional Success
Alongside your own disciplinary expertise, communication is the key skill that influences your professional success.
In a world where texts, emails and tweets are often sent without a second
thought, the importance of a considered and effective approach to communication has never been greater.
This course demonstrates how to choose and use appropriate communication
methods to achieve your individual and organisational goals.
You’ll explore how communication drives successful collaborations and wins
support for ideas, while improving your listening, speaking and writing skills.
You’ll also discover how to communicate in some of the most challenging professional
Understanding Communicating for Professional Success enables the learner to:
• Understand the impact effective – or ineffective – communication has on you, your organisation and your professional career
• Select and apply appropriate communication methods to achieve your goals
• Improve your listening, speaking and writing skills
• Collaborate effectively with others
• Deliver persuasive presentations and negotiate successful deals
• Communicate in difficult professional situations
“The course provided good tips and relevant examples. It was informative and engaging.”
“Interesting articles and variety of related videos.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Communicating for Professional Success
Communication in a professional context
• How important is it to get communication right?
• What is the essence of effective communication?
• What are the key communication methods used by professionals?
• What are the barriers to successful communication?
• What skills do I need to be an effective communicator?
• Is it ever acceptable not to communicate?
Sharing information with others
• When should I share information with others?
• What methods should I use?
• How should I communicate in writing?
• How can I communicate without words?
• How should I use social media in a professional context?
• What role does communication play in team projects?
• How can I establish rapport with others?
• How can I become a good listener?
• How should I run a meeting?
• How can I facilitate communication between others?
• How should I evaluate my performance?
Persuading and negotiating
• How can I engage people who have no interest in what I’m saying?
• How can I win over the audience during a presentation?
• What’s the best way to negotiate?
• How can I say “no” without causing offence?
• How should I sell myself in a pitch or interview?
• How can I persuade people not to do something?
Communication in challenging circumstances
• How do I make myself understood in international contexts?
• What accessibility issues should I be aware of?
• How should I talk about change?
• How should I communicate in a crisis?
• What’s the best way to deliver criticism?
• What can go wrong?
Target audience for Communicating for Professional Success
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
About the Author of Communicating for Professional Success
Anna Faherty is a writer, lecturer and consultant working across the publishing, museum and charity sectors.
She has hands-on management experience as a director of a multi-million pound publishing division and a trustee of a small independent museum.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).