Online Course on Employment Law for Accountants
Any accountant with responsibility for managing people must understand and be aware of the legal responsibilities they have on behalf of their company. A good grounding in employment law provides both the knowledge and the confidence to handle situations with your staff where following a legal procedure is a requirement.
This course provides an overview of employment law, giving practical and current advice to you on the key areas that you will come across in the day to day management of your staff.
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs|
|“As a manager I have to be aware of the rules surrounding employment law. The course was well written with the logic being easy to follow.”|
“Simple and straightforward, well understanding. I found the information helpful.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Employment Law for Accountants enables you to
• Understand the importance of an employment contract and terms and conditions and how to get it right when recruiting new staff
• Learn about employee rights and how to handle situations where an issue may arise with the rights of a member of staff
• Understand the discipline and grievance procedure and the process that they need to follow to ensure employment law is adhered to
• Find out how to handle a dismissal by arming them with the legal facts they need to be aware of
• Access current information on the key aspects of employment law that will support them in their role as manager
Learning outcomes of Employment Law for Accountants
Handling employment contracts
• What is a contract?
• What types of contract are there?
• Who is involved in processing a contract?
• What is breach of contract?
• What if the contract needs to be changed?
• Understanding employee rights
• What are employee rights?
• What is discrimination?
• What are family rights?
• What issues are there surrounding pay?
• What do I need to know about time off?
Discipline and grievance
• What is the difference between “disciplinary rules” and “disciplinary procedure”?
• What constitutes a disciplinary matter?
• What are investigations?
• How do I take action with a disciplinary matter?
• What is an appeals procedure?
• How do I handle grievances?
• What is dismissal?
• What are fair dismissals?
• What notice period should there be?
• What is involved in a dismissal?
• How should I handle a redundancy?
Target audience for Employment Law for Accountants
This course is designed to appeal to accountants at all levels, whether managing technical or non technical staff in industry or in practice.
Those who are new to management or are preparing to take on a management role will find that this course provides a solid introduction to employment law.
More experienced or senior managers will value the opportunity to spend time refreshing their knowledge of employment law.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Employment Law for Accountants Online Course
Register for a free demonstration.
Purchase the course now for £75.00 (+VAT*) for 3 months access
or £80.00 (+VAT*) for 12 months access.
Click on the Buy Now button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase.
Do you wish to purchase multiple courses?
You can purchase individually from each page or to pay in one transaction either:
(1) Email firstname.lastname@example.org; or (2) Choose the pay by invoice option below.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com