Online Course on
Growth through Acquisition
There are various options to consider when growing a business. This course focuses on one of the most common methods of business growth: Acquisition.
By ‘acquisition’ we mean expansion through buying another business or finding a partner business and merging it with the existing business. Whether it’s a merger or a takeover, expanding a business in this way requires a leap into the unknown; no matter how much preliminary investigation and negotiation goes on, the full truth never emerges until the businesses are actually joined.
This online course on Business Growth through Acquisition provides learners with the tools and techniques they need to be able to understand how to grow their business through mergers and acquisitions as well as the pitfalls and issues.
This course allows learners to work through activities, share their learning with peers, and gain the knowledge and skills that will enable them to successfully manage a merger or acquisition.
Business Growth through Acquisition enables the learner to:
• Get to grips with the alternative finance market
• Understand the details of how the options work
• Decide which options are right for their business or clients
• Secure the best deal on the option chosen
• Understand what they need to do to apply
Learning outcomes of Business Growth through Acquisition
The right move
• Is a takeover different to a merger?
• Why expand your business?
• How do you make the decision?
• What can go wrong?
• What is due diligence?
Financing the deal
• How much will it cost?
• How do you value a business?
• How do you raise the money?
• What is the cost of borrowing and the risk premium?
• What is mezzanine financing?
Merging the businesses
• How do you identify synergies in operations?
• How can you merge employees?
• How should you deal with management?
• How should you deal with staff?
• What about redundancies and cost savings?
• Cultural blending – do they work the same way as you?
• How do you identify bottlenecks and problems?
Customers, suppliers and assets
• What factors should you consider?
• How should you handle customers?
• What do you do about products?
• What is the management challenge?
• How can you rationalise assets to avoid duplication?
• What should you do about suppliers?
Accounting and finance
• What factors should you consider?
• How can you merge MIS?
• How do you integrate other support systems?
• What about overheads and the effect on pricing?
• How should you start to revise processes?
• What about cash flow planning?
• How do you tackle write offs and provisions?
Target audience for Business Growth through Acquisition
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
About the author of Business Growth through Acquisition
John Taylor is a Chartered Accountant who spent many years advising small and medium sized businesses across the North of England.
He specialised in dealing with the particular problems faced by large family owned companies. John joined Bradford College where he taught a wide range of students from diverse backgrounds and with varying levels of ability.
John later joined Leeds Met University where he specialised in teaching auditing on ACCA professional courses and Forensic Accounting at Masters level. He is now a freelance author and lecturer.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Business Growth through Acquisition Course
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com