Online Course on The Finance
What a business needs from finance is evolving. Increasingly back office functions have become automated and a different role, that of the Finance Business Partner, has emerged.
The Finance Business Partner plays a key strategic role in a business, and as a result has the opportunity to become a trusted business advisor. This requires a different set of skills to the traditional finance back office function.
You will be expected to be strategic, focusing on the value of the information you provide, extracting and correlating financial figures to help your business make relevant decisions which are closely aligned with your business strategic outcomes.
As a Finance Business Partner, you need to have credibility and influence within the management team; to be articulate and proactive in your approach and most importantly to have a thorough understanding of where your business can create value.
This course looks at the finance business partner role, and how you can develop to become a trusted advisor in your or your clients’ businesses.
Understanding The Finance Business Partner
enables the learner to:
• Become a core part of the management decision team, using financial information to influence and shape outcomes
• Help your business interpret the internal and external environment so that both financial and strategic targets can be achieved
• Understand how best to implement a successful finance business partner approach that results in an effective and respected finance business partner role
“I got a real flavour for how the business benefits from a robust FBP approach.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of The Finance Business Partner
The finance business partner role
• What is the finance business partner?
• How did businesses partnering emerge?
• How does it compare to the traditional finance function?
• What are the benefits of the approach?
• What are the pitfalls?
• How widely used is it?
Current perceptions of finance
• How is the finance function seen by others?
• How does the finance function see itself?
• How does finance need to change?
• What are the main challenges when introducing finance business partners?
• What can go wrong?
Aligning finance business partners with business
• What is the typical focus for a finance business partner?
• What makes a good source of information?
• What are the business requirements for success?
• How do organisations develop business acumen?
• What tools can finance business partners use?
Skills for success
• Where should a new finance business partner start?
• What is a service delivery mind set?
• How can a finance business partner add value?
• Who makes a good finance business partner?
• Why is communication so important?
• How can finance business partners build good relationships?
• How can a finance business partner develop a good skill set?
About the author of The Finance Business Partner
Sean Purcell (BA ACMA CGMA) has been involved in training and development of finance staff for over 20 years and was a founder member of the organisation which is now Kaplan in the UK.
He has also been involved in management development and CPD of finance teams both in the UK and overseas having delivered over 200 courses in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Dubai, Sri Lanka, Zambia and Croatia.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy The Finance Business Partner
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com