Professional Development Skills for Accountants In-house Training Course
Today’s accountant requires far more skills than their 20th Century predecessors.
This course reviews the challenges facing the modern accountant and works through a toolkit of essential professional skills such as:
• Understanding and dealing with finance and non-finance professionals
• Communicating and presenting strategic information
• Getting your message across
• The accountant as strategic influencer
• Personal styles of communication
Our Professional Development Skills Courses Include
At the end of this course delegates should be able to:
• Appreciate the changes in organisations over 50 to 100 years
• Apply the skills required of the modern accountant
• Switch between roles as a manager and a strategic influencer
• Know their own personality and communication style
• Recognise the personality and communication style of others
• Manage and understanding people
• Deal with difficult audiences/people
Professional Development Skills Course Delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you. We love questions and welcome as many as possible.
We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process. We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice. We offer traditional training, facilitation, interactive simulations, coaching and online training.
Tailored Professional Development Skills Courses
All our courses are tailored to meet our client’s specific needs. We like to spend time getting to know our clients as we strongly believe that training is most effective and valuable when tailored and focused.
In-house Professional Development Skills Training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice.
We can also secure venues on your behalf through our venue sourcing agency.