Managing Equality & Diversity
In-house Training Course
• Financial managers responsible for other colleagues
• Finance managers or Finance Directors with responsibility for HR and/or Employment Law issues
• Any finance professional involved in and/or responsible for Equal Opportunities or Diversity within the workplace
Equality & Diversity Course Content
This practical course aims to provide:
• An awareness of key equality and diversity issues within the workplace
• The distinctions between equal opportunity and diversity – is there a difference?
• An overview of the different types of discrimination claim in the Equality Act 2010
• Provide tips and practical guidance
Delegates will be trained to:
Identify equality issues;
• Understand their role and responsibility on behalf of their employer
• Apply their employer’s Equality and Diversity policies
• Identify and reject stereotypical assumptions, prejudice and negative attitudes towards certain people or groups
• Be sensitive to language and conduct to promote a diverse workplace
• Review different methods to encourage workplace diversity
Tailoring Equality & Diversity Training
All our employment/HR legal training is tailored to each client.
At the design stage we will meet with you (in confidence) to discuss;
• Background information/common issues
• Problems faced
• Employment policies and procedures
• Additional learning objectives
We will use this information to create the bespoke interactive training exercises (eg. Case study scenarios, quizzes, group discussion).
Why do finance professionals need to be trained in Equal Opportunities and Diversity?
Managers are promoted for their technical skills but they also need training in people management skills and their unconscious stereotypical opinions of their colleagues which may be based on prejudice.
Managers are the employer’s representatives, their lack of compliance will make the employer, and potentially themselves, liable in employment law. Equal Opportunities and Diversity Training for Finance Managers will reduce the risks of costly mistakes.
Costly mistakes means damages; wasted management time and affects an employer’s corporate reputation. Prevention is always better than a cure.
From a compliance perspective, employment law training to staff in the application of Equal Opportunities Policy/Harassment policies, assists an employer’s defence against a discrimination claim. Mandatory equal opportunities training ensures that the manager knows how to behave in the workplace.
Aside from compliance, equal opportunities training is an excellent internal and external marketing opportunity.
The employer has the opportunity to communicate in a less formal atmosphere:
• Its values
• Its expectations
• The objective framework for performance and career growth
• Its strategy (both short and long term)
Externally, clients like to know that they are working with an employer focused on equality and diversity.
Employment Law Training also positively raises the profile of the employer’s HR team- employees will know:
• To whom they need to go for assistance
Employees therefore have clarity and security that their employer genuinely abides by its policies and procedures. It also makes for a happier working environment!
Our Equality & Diversity in the Workplace Course Delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you. We love questions and welcome as many as possible.
We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process. We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice. We offer traditional training, facilitation, interactive simulations, coaching and online training.
Tailored Equality & Diversity in the Workplace Courses
All our courses are tailored to meet our client’s specific needs. We like to spend time getting to know our clients as we strongly believe that training is most effective and valuable when tailored and focused.
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you.
In-house Equality & Diversity in the Workplace Training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice.
We can also secure venues on your behalf through our venue sourcing agency.
Other law for finance courses
• Managing Dismissal
• Employment Updates
• Employment aspects of corporate/business transactions
• Mock employment tribunals