Equal Opportunities and Diversity
In-house Training Course
Ideal for all financial professionals within ranging from:
• Finance Directors and senior finance management
• Fee-earning finance professionals
• All ranks of support staff from postroom to administration, accounts to reception/security
Equal Opportunities & Diversity Training Course Content
The benefits of employing a diverse workforce and addressing the needs of a diverse market are well documented.
This interactive session aims to:
• Inform and consolidate knowledge on Equal Opportunities including;
– the different “protected characteristics” found in the Equality Act 2010
– the types of discrimination claim under the Equality Act 2010
– bullying and Harassment – is there a difference?
• To reinforce the necessity of applying the employer Equality HR Policies
• To highlight the potential pitfalls
• Provide guidance on when to seek assistance to avoid time-consuming litigation
Tailoring Equal Opportunities and Diversity Training
All our employment/HR legal training is tailored to each client.
At the design stage we will meet with you (in confidence) to discuss;
• Background information/common issues
• Problems faced
• Employment policies and procedures
• Additional learning objectives
We will use this information to create the bespoke interactive training exercises (eg. Case study scenarios, quizzes, group discussion).
Why do finance professionals need to be trained in Equal Opportunities and Diversity?
As an employer you have a responsibility to create and maintain a working environment free from discrimination and offensive behavior. Your employees need to understand their role – their lack of compliance will make you, the employer, and potentially themselves, liable in employment law. Equal Opportunities and Diversity Training for all the workforce will reduce the risks of costly mistakes. Costly mistakes means damages; wasted management time and affects an employer’s corporate reputation.
Prevention is always better than a cure.
From a compliance perspective, employment law training to staff in the application of Equal Opportunities Policy/Harassment policies, assists an employer’s defence against a discrimination claim. Mandatory equal opportunities training ensures that the manager knows how to behave in the workplace.
Aside from compliance, equal opportunities training is an excellent internal and external marketing opportunity. The employer has the opportunity to communicate in a less formal atmosphere:
• Its values
• Its expectations
• The objective framework for performance and career growth
• Its strategy (both short and long term).
Externally, clients like to know that they are working with an employer focused on equality and diversity.
Employment Law Training also positively raises the profile of the employer’s HR team- employees will know:
• To whom they need to go for assistance
Employees therefore have clarity and security that their employer genuinely abides by its policies and procedures. It also makes for a happier working environment!
Our Opportunities and Diversity Training Course Delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you. We love questions and welcome as many as possible.
We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process. We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice. We offer traditional training, facilitation, interactive simulations, coaching and online training.
Tailored Opportunities and Diversity Training Courses
All our courses are tailored to meet our client’s specific needs. We like to spend time getting to know our clients as we strongly believe that training is most effective and valuable when tailored and focused.
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you.
In-house Opportunities and Diversity Training Training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice.
We can also secure venues on your behalf through our venue sourcing agency.
Other law for finance courses
• Employment Law Introduction for Finance Professionals
• Managing Equality & Diversity in the Workplace
• Managing Dismissal
• Employment Updates
• Employment aspects of corporate/business transactions
• Mock employment tribunals