Lean Accounting and Decision Making
In-House Training Course
Lean accounting supports lean management by providing flow-focussed management accounting tools to support visual workplace measures for rapid decision making and improvement. Lean Accounting should be an integral part of the lean management system, as well as a vital tool for strategic decision making.
This two-day course provides an introduction to the philosophy of lean and the tools of lean accounting and decision making. The programme is aimed at finance staff and operational managers, and includes several interactive exercises.
The company is encouraged to involve a cross section of teams and departments in the training in order to help promote a common understanding of the issues in lean and to develop an agreed way forward which will deliver performance benefits and financial returns for the business.
The Contents of Lean Accounting and Decision Making
Introduction to the Lean Philosophy and Lean Accounting
• Outlining the key principles of lean and the main tools of lean accounting.
• A simple lean simulation to introduce some of the concepts of lean in a hands-on team situation.
Value Stream Definition
• What is a Value Stream and how do you define them?.
Lean Performance Measures
• Defining lean performance measures and linking them to finance data.
• The structure and creation of Lean Accounting management reports.
Lean Decision Making
• Using Lean Accounting principles to make business decisions.
The Financial Benefits of Improvement
• How Lean Accounting helps forecast and highlight the financial benefits of improvement.
Implementing Lean Accounting
• Discussion time for managers to plan a way forward to ensure that lean is a success in the business and delivers agreed financial benefits.
The Lean Accounting & Decision Making Course Delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you. We love questions and welcome as many as possible.
We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process. We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice. We offer traditional training, facilitation, interactive simulations, coaching and online training.
Tailored Accounting Courses
All our courses are tailored to meet our client’s specific needs. We like to spend time getting to know our clients as we strongly believe that training is most effective and valuable when tailored and focused.
In-house Lean Accounting & Decision Making Training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice.
We can also secure venues on your behalf through our venue sourcing agency.