A course on real world practical budgeting
“It’s a game, and if you don’t play the way everyone else is, your budget’s not going to be nearly as good as other people’s budgets in terms of your ability to perform against it.”
– Stephen Covey author of ‘The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People’
Who should attend?
• Budget holders or those responsible for setting and monitoring budgets.
• Qualified accountants looking for a comprehensive refresher in budgeting issues.
• Anyone new to budgeting who wants an honest introduction to budgeting in the real world.
Budgeting Course Objectives
To raise awareness of the budgeting game, its rules, how to play and win.
We will explore the barriers to successful budgeting in organisations. An awareness of these issues will help to create and manage more successful budgeting.
Budgeting Course Content
• The link between budgeting and planning
• Alternative budgeting systems
• Issues in setting budgets, including negotiation
• Monitoring budgets, including presentation pitfalls
• Practical issues involving people
• Alternatives to the traditional budget
Key benefits of attending our budgeting course
• A discursive and interactive approach.
• Opportunities to share budgeting experiences with other delegates.
• Use of case studies and exercises to stimulate discussion.
• Ideas you can use immediately.
Budgeting Course delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you.
We love questions and welcome as many as possible. We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process.
We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice.
In-house budgeting training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice. Please enquire for more details.
Budgeting Course Fee
• Training course at a Central London venue
• Waiting list is now open for our next course.
• Including comprehensive colour course manual.
• Including lunch.
• Places limited to ensure participant interaction and ability to ask questions, so please add your name to our waiting list now to avoid disappointment.
• Price = £497 (excl VAT)
Add your name to our waiting list
Simply fill in the form below to add your name to our waiting list or make an enquiry.
If you have several colleagues we can travel to you and hold this course on an in-house basis at a mutually convenient date. There is also the option to tailor the content. Please enquire using the form below to find out more.