Capital/Project Investment Appraisal – Practicalities
Making the right project appraisal or capital expenditure decision is essential, given most organisations’ limited availability of capital and other resources.
There are a number of best practice techniques, which can be easily implemented, to help organisations evaluate opportunities, select the ideal option and avoid expensive mistakes.
Investment appraisal course objectives
• Demonstrate the importance of going back to basics
– when undertaking advanced investment appraisal.
• Provide an awareness of the practical issues of capital expenditure and project appraisal decisions.
• Ultimately, help organisations deliver better quality investment decisions.
Investment appraisal course content
• Essential investment appraisal techniques,
– including discounted cash flows.
• Building, using or evaluating investment appraisal models.
• Balancing the risk and return of potential investments.
• Tips on performing investment appraisal in practice.
• It’s not just about the numbers
– accounting for qualitative factors.
• Investment appraisal in the context of a business case/plan.
Key benefits of attending our investment appraisal course
• A discursive and interactive approach.
• Opportunities to share investment appraisal experiences.
• Use of case studies and exercises to stimulate discussion.
• Ideas you can use immediately.
Who should attend?
• Project managers involved in investment decisions.
• Those responsible for capital expenditure decisions.
• Accountants needing a refresher of established techniques.
• Those who have inherited an investment appraisal
– spreadsheet model and need an understanding of the basics to help understand the model.
Investment appraisal course fee
• Training course at a Central London venue.
• Waiting list is now open for our next course.
• Including comprehensive colour course manual.
• Including lunch.
• Places limited to ensure participant interaction and ability to ask questions, so please add your name to our waiting list now to avoid disappointment.
• Price = £497 (excl VAT)
Add your name to our waiting list
Simply fill in the form below to add your name to our waiting list or make an enquiry.
If you have several colleagues we can travel to you and hold this course on an in-house basis at a mutually convenient date. There is also the option to tailor the content. Please enquire using the form below to find out more.