Stuart is a chartered accountant, author, consultant, non-executive adviser and
international speaker, with over two decades of experience in finance.
He delivers finance based training programmes around the world to both
finance and non-finance professionals.
Stuart’s goal is to help businesses increase productivity and profits through innovative and engaging finance training. He is a keen advocate of experiential based learning using business simulations. He works with clients across multiple sectors, throughout the world, to deliver a range of focused and tailored training solutions.
Over his career, Stuart has taught thousands of trainee accountants to pass their professional exams for six different professional accounting qualifications. He has helped thousands of qualified accountants keep up to date and meet their CPD qualifications as well as training many people from non-finance backgrounds to understand financial matters.
Stuart has worked with many of the world’s leading training organisations. This includes BPP Professional Education, where he worked in a variety of management roles for over 10 years.
Stuart offers traditional training, facilitated workshops, simulations, e-learning as well as individual executive and small team finance coaching. He specialises in business finance and spreadsheet training.
Stuart has delivered training in Australia, The Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dubai (UAE), Hungary, Jordan, Korea, KSA, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Poland, Republic of Ireland (Dublin), Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, The USA & throughout the UK (Belfast, Birmingham, Bracknell, Bradford, Bristol, Cambridge, Coventry, Croydon, Edinburgh, Felixstowe, Folkestone, Glasgow, Gloucester, Guildford, Henley, Ipswich, Leeds, London, Loughborough, Luton, Manchester, Maidenhead, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Norwich, Orkney, Oxford, Reading, Reigate, Stafford, Tonbridge, Truro).
Stuart is a technology enthusiast and in particular aims to help others realise Excel’s full potential. He has delivered spreadsheet training since the early 1990’s. He runs regular courses from beginner to advanced level for a variety of clients including bankers, fund managers, hedge funds, venture capitalists and sovereign wealth funds on:
• excel efficiency,
• spreadsheet skills for finance
• best practice techniques
• financial modelling – introduction to advanced level.
Stuart has designed numerous finance training courses, both face-to-face and using e-learning technology. He has authored exams, audio guides, podcasts, training videos.
He is the author of the following publications:
• ‘Finance Basics’ (Collins ‘Business Secrets’ series);
• ‘Making Budgeting Work in the Real World’ (NelsonCroom);
• ‘Dragons’ Den: Grow Your Business’, which supports the BBC series of Dragons’ Den;
• ‘25 Need to Know Management Ratios‘ (Pearson / Financial Times Publishing).
• ‘The Finance Book‘ (Pearson / Financial Times Series).
After completing his first degree in Management Sciences at UMIST, Stuart trained as a Chartered Accountant with PriceWaterhouseCoopers. Over a five year period, he was lucky to gain experience working with a wide range of clients – from sole traders to large multinationals in financial services, manufacturing, publishing, health and education sectors.
• board member, trustee and treasurer for BASIC; a small and influential transatlantic think tank (2011 to date)
• advisory board of ‘the Boardroom’ a Swiss based venture with the goal of increasing female diversity on boards (2021 to date)
• a school governor (2016 to date)
• membership services board of the The Association of Accounting Technicians; a leading qualification and membership body for accounting and finance staff with 125,000 global members (2009 to 2014).
Stuart is a certified NLP practitioner under a programme approved by John Grinder, the co-developer of NLP. He continues to study NLP and maintains a keen interest in behavioural economics, lateral thinking, memory and learning techniques.
Feedback for Stuart