Online Tax Update Course covering
Personal tax, Business tax,
Capital Gains & Losses, VAT and NIC.
UK tax only.
Tax legislation continues to develop at a rapid pace. It is important that accountants keep their tax knowledge up to date. Whilst there are tax professionals to take care of the detail, it is nevertheless important to be aware of the high level changes and issues which impact the bigger picture. Some of the changes in tax such as ‘Making Tax Digital’ may have a wider impact on the finance department.
This course covers key developments in taxation in 2018-19 and the effect of these developments on future transactions. It covers both personal and corporate taxes.
Our Online Tax Update Course will enable the learner to:
• Explore changes to personal tax including, Gift Aid, Marriage Allowance, car tax diesel supplements and changes to pensions tax reliefs
• Take a closer look at business tax including, employment intermediaries legislation, tax systems for sole traders and HMRC’s special scheme for contractors and subcontractors
• Get familiar with the new investors’ relief and inheritance tax
• Look at VAT cash accounting schemes, how VAT is charged as well as how VAT will be reported and paid under Making Tax Digital
Content of our Tax Update 2018-2019 online course
• Gift Aid
• Gift Aid and adjusted net income
• Marriage Allowance
• Claiming Marriage Allowance
• Company car tax diesel supplement
• Tax relief on pension contributions
• Application of the employment intermediaries legislation
• Sole trader to partnership
• Allocation of partnership profits
• Landlords’ finance costs
• Finance costs – impact on tax payers
• Construction Industry Scheme
• CIS returns and registration
• Investors’ relief
• Investors’ relief and the conditions
• Capital losses
• Capital losses and affected persons
• Will planning for IHT
• Equalisation of estates
• Practical aspects
• Occupation and gains
• VAT and affiliation fees
• Cash accounting for VAT
• Leaving the cash accounting for VAT scheme
• Making Tax Digital for VAT
• Class 2 NICs
• Voluntary payments
Target audience for our Online Tax Update Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of our tax update course
Sarah Laing is a Chartered Tax Adviser. She has been writing professionally since 1998 when she joined CCH Editions as a Senior Technical Editor, contributing to a range of highly regarded publications including the British Tax Reporter. She became Publishing Manager for the tax and accounting portfolio in 2001 and later went on to help run CCH Seminars (including ABG Courses and Conferences).
Sarah originally worked for the Inland Revenue in Newbury and Swindon Tax Offices, before moving out into practice in 1991. She has worked for both small and Big 5 firms, and now works as a freelance author providing technical writing services for the tax and accountancy profession.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).