Online IFRS Update Course covering
IFRS 16 Leases, Financial Instruments,
IAS 8 and latest trends.
• IFRS 16 is effective for annual reporting periods beginning on or after 1 January 2019. Practical steps need to be taken to ensure finance teams are ready. The impact is potentially extremely significant for some organisations. The changes therefore need to be handled with care and attention.
• This course keeps you up to date with some of the key provisions of the revised standards under IFRS, in particular IFRS 16. You will be encouraged to consider the potential impact of the changes on your own role and organisation, and make all the appropriate preparations.
• We will cover the IASB’s discussion paper on financial instruments which have characteristics of equity.
• We will also look at the potential changes to IAS 8 (Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors)
• We will finish by looking at some of the latest trends on the usefulness of financial information.
Our IFRS Update 2018-2019 Online Course will enable the learner to:
• Cover the key changes and exemptions under IFRS 16 and the practical steps you need to take to prepare for them
• Look at the accounting treatments of financial instruments and what the future holds for accounting for financial instruments
• Examine the IASB’s exposure draft and explore potential changes to IAS 8
• Consider current and emerging accounting trends and their impact
Content of our IFRS Update Course 2018-2019
• Key changes
• Leases inventory
• Prior-year adjustments
• Wider implications
• Practical steps
• The IASB’s discussion paper regarding the accounting treatments of financial instruments that have the characteristics of equity.
• The IASB’s preferred approach
• Presentation requirements
• Disclosure requirements
• Next steps
Accounting policies and estimates
• IAS 8 (Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors)
• Changes in policies and estimates
• Changes to terminology
• Changes in measurement bases
• Next steps
Accounting is not just about the numbers. It is also about providing them in an accessible manner, along with appropriate disclosure notes, to paint the full picture for the reader. It’s about financial information.
The debate about the usefulness of financial information is alive and kicking
• Capital markets and investors
• Emerging accounting trends
• The future
Target audience for our 2018-2019 IFRS Update Online Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of our IFRS Update 2018-2019 course
Dr Wayne Bartlett specialises in public sector financial management and budgeting and has worked as a consultant and lecturer throughout the world.
After 7 years in the NHS in the UK, he joined the Home Office as Head of Accountancy Advice. He has worked closely with a number of Supreme Audit Institutions and has become an expert of the implementation of international accounting standards.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).