Online IFRS Update Course covering
IFRS 16 Leases, Financial Instruments,
IAS 8 and latest trends.
• IFRS 16 is effective for annual reporting periods beginning on or after 1 January 2019. Practical steps need to be taken to ensure finance teams are ready. The impact is potentially extremely significant for some organisations. The changes therefore need to be handled with care and attention.
• This course keeps you up to date with some of the key provisions of the revised standards under IFRS, in particular IFRS 16. You will be encouraged to consider the potential impact of the changes on your own role and organisation, and make all the appropriate preparations.
• We will cover the IASB’s discussion paper on financial instruments which have characteristics of equity.
• We will also look at the potential changes to IAS 8 (Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors)
• We will finish by looking at some of the latest trends on the usefulness of financial information.
Our IFRS Update 2018-2019 Online Course will enable the learner to:
• Cover the key changes and exemptions under IFRS 16 and the practical steps you need to take to prepare for them
• Look at the accounting treatments of financial instruments and what the future holds for accounting for financial instruments
• Examine the IASB’s exposure draft and explore potential changes to IAS 8
• Consider current and emerging accounting trends and their impact
Content of our IFRS Update Course 2018-2019
• Key changes
• Leases inventory
• Prior-year adjustments
• Wider implications
• Practical steps
• The IASB’s discussion paper regarding the accounting treatments of financial instruments that have the characteristics of equity.
• The IASB’s preferred approach
• Presentation requirements
• Disclosure requirements
• Next steps
Accounting policies and estimates
• IAS 8 (Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors)
• Changes in policies and estimates
• Changes to terminology
• Changes in measurement bases
• Next steps
Accounting is not just about the numbers. It is also about providing them in an accessible manner, along with appropriate disclosure notes, to paint the full picture for the reader. It’s about financial information.
The debate about the usefulness of financial information is alive and kicking
• Capital markets and investors
• Emerging accounting trends
• The future
Target audience for our 2018-2019 IFRS Update Online Course
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
You might also be interested in
About the Author of our IFRS Update 2018-2019 course
Dr Wayne Bartlett specialises in public sector financial management and budgeting and has worked as a consultant and lecturer throughout the world.
After 7 years in the NHS in the UK, he joined the Home Office as Head of Accountancy Advice. He has worked closely with a number of Supreme Audit Institutions and has become an expert of the implementation of international accounting standards.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy IFRS Update 2018-2019 Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to email@example.com