Online Course on Networking Skills for Accountants
All accounting and finance professionals have a network, whether they focus on it actively or not. For some it is a source of specialist technical advice or a resource that can help them to meet their clients’ needs. For others it is the source of new clients.
This course explains the key skills needed to make the most of a network, expand it and ensure that it meets career and business needs. Practical exercises and activities make it easy for any accountant to put the sound advice into practice.
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs|
|“Very User Friendly with simple use of language to get the message across”
|“The biggest advantage for me is not having to travel to Dublin from Dundalk. I like the flexibility of logging on and off as it suits. The layout and content is clear and concise also.”|
|“Kept me involved and required input to make me think the answers through.”
|“The course covered a wide scope and gave plenty of scenarios and food for thought.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Networking Skills enables learners to
- Understand the purpose of networking and the skill sets involved
- Improve the core skills needed for building relationships
- Research and plan conversations effectively
- Make the most of conversations with existing or potential members of their network
- Manage and administer their network effectively
- Develop their network over time as their objectives change
- Understand how to keep their network under control
Learning outcomes of Networking Skills for Accountants
- What is networking?
- Why should I network?
- What skills do I need to network effectively?
Developing your network
- Who should I include in my network?
- How do I find new contacts?
- How do I plan to network?
- How can I start or join a conversation?
- What can I do to make sure people remember me?
- What should I talk about?
- How do I move on from a conversation?
- How should I prepare for specific events?
- What do I do after the conversation is over?
- How often should I contact my contacts?
- How do I keep my contacts happy?
- How do I network within my organisation?
Managing and using your network
- How do I use my network?
- What technology can help me?
- How do I keep my network under control?
- What do I need to remember going forward?
Target audience for Networking Skills for Accountants
This course is designed to appeal to accountants at all stages of their career.
Those who are less experienced may not have considered these topics before and will find significant improvements in the way they operate and in their overall effectiveness.
More experienced or senior people will value the opportunity to think through their approach once more and identify potential improvements in the way they operate.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Networking Skills for Accountants Online Course
Register for a free demonstration.
Purchase the course now for £62.50 (+VAT*) using Google Wallet**
Alternatively, you can pay by phone (+44 (0) 207 193 1920), email email@example.com, or invoice (online banking / BACS), if required.
You can access each course as many times as needed for 12 months from the date of first access.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for UK customers. For customers outside the UK, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
It’s quick and easy to register with Google Wallet. We chose Google from the hundreds of alternative payment systems on the web as it was a trusted secure brand and simple to use.
Google Wallet securely stores your payment information and makes purchasing fast both online and in-store.
If you’ve used Google Wallet or Google Checkout before, all you need to do is login with your Google username and password to buy from us.
If you’re using Google Wallet for the first time, just fill out the single page of information when you make your purchase. After that, you’ll only need your Google Wallet login to make a purchase. There’s no need to re-enter your information or create multiple usernames and passwords each time you buy.
You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. You can also logon to Google Wallet anytime for a record of your purchases or to print further copies of receipts.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.