Online Course on Innovation for Accountants
Innovation is all about generating and implementing new ideas, breaking the mould to deliver business success. This course shows you why innovation is important, how to create and select great ideas and how to realise them in you own organisation.
You will appreciate how creativity can grow from crisis, consider alternative business models and try out some practical tools for idea generation and risk management. Innovation will teach you how to contribute effective new ideas to a range of situations within your organisation.
Innovation for Accountants enables the learner to
• Think about what innovation is and why it is important
• Identify different types of innovation
• Encourage innovation within their company
• Discover how to evaluate and select appropriate ideas
• Develop ideas into projects that work
• Find ways to assess and manage risk
• Convert ideas into results
|Rating:||100% would recommend this course|
“Made me feel more confident about being innovative.”
“Took me through issues historically and suggested alternatives. Suggested resources to enable to further pursue”
“As the finance lead for strategic planning this course was valuable learning to link my core activity with the aspirations of the organisation over the coming years to innovate and improve service.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Innovation for Accountants
Innovation and you
• What is innovation?
• Why is innovation important?
• What types of innovation are there?
• What are the main types of Innovation?
• What are the main sources of innovation?
• How is innovation different from what I do everyday?
• What skills do I need to become an innovator?
• When should I think innovatively?
• Where does innovation fit within my organisation?
Context and theory
• Why does innovation matter to the outside world?
• What theory should I be aware of?
• Why doesn’t everyone innovate?
• How do organisations encourage innovation?
• How do organisations deal with the financial challenges of innovation?
• What external incentives are available for innovative business projects?
Ideas and opportunities
• How do I generate ideas and opportunities?
• What tools can I use?
• Where can I find inspiration?
• How do I run a brainstorming session?
• How do I evaluate and select appropriate ideas?
• How should I talk about my ideas?
• How do I convert ideas into results?
• What makes a great idea work in practice?
• What do I do if my idea doesn’t fit in to my organisation’s business model?
• What other business models are there?
• How should I manage an innovative project?
• How do I monitor and evaluate an innovative project?
• When should I change or cancel an innovative project?
Managing change and risk
• How do people respond to change?
• What approaches can I use to manage change?
• How do I avoid risk?
• How can I assess the risk of an innovative project?
• What is an acceptable level of risk?
• What do I do if no-one wants to take the risk?
Target audience for Innovation for Accountants
This course is aimed at professionals involved in business.
About the Author of Innovation for Accountants
Anna Faherty is a writer, lecturer and consultant working across the publishing, museum and charity sectors.
She has hands-on management experience as a director of a multi-million pound publishing division and a trustee of a small independent museum.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Innovation for Accountants Online Course
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. Your service with Financial Fluency commences once your payment is processed. You have the right to cancel your order, less an admin charge, from the time of purchase for a period of 7 days provided you have not accessed the course. If you have worked through any of the course content you will not be able to cancel your order. Please read our full terms and conditions before purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email email@example.com with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions as well as our full terms and conditions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org