Online Course on Communicating for Professional Success
Alongside your own disciplinary expertise, communication is the key skill that influences your professional success.
In a world where texts, emails and tweets are often sent without a second
thought, the importance of a considered and effective approach to communication has never been greater.
This course demonstrates how to choose and use appropriate communication
methods to achieve your individual and organisational goals.
You’ll explore how communication drives successful collaborations and wins
support for ideas, while improving your listening, speaking and writing skills.
You’ll also discover how to communicate in some of the most challenging professional
Understanding Communicating for Professional Success enables the learner to:
• Understand the impact effective – or ineffective – communication has on you, your organisation and your professional career
• Select and apply appropriate communication methods to achieve your goals
• Improve your listening, speaking and writing skills
• Collaborate effectively with others
• Deliver persuasive presentations and negotiate successful deals
• Communicate in difficult professional situations
“The course provided good tips and relevant examples. It was informative and engaging.”
“Interesting articles and variety of related videos.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Communicating for Professional Success
Communication in a professional context
• How important is it to get communication right?
• What is the essence of effective communication?
• What are the key communication methods used by professionals?
• What are the barriers to successful communication?
• What skills do I need to be an effective communicator?
• Is it ever acceptable not to communicate?
Sharing information with others
• When should I share information with others?
• What methods should I use?
• How should I communicate in writing?
• How can I communicate without words?
• How should I use social media in a professional context?
• What role does communication play in team projects?
• How can I establish rapport with others?
• How can I become a good listener?
• How should I run a meeting?
• How can I facilitate communication between others?
• How should I evaluate my performance?
Persuading and negotiating
• How can I engage people who have no interest in w
hat I’m saying?
• How can I win over the audience during a presentation?
• What’s the best way to negotiate?
• How can I say “no” without causing offence?
• How should I sell myself in a pitch or interview?
• How can I persuade people not to do something?
Communication in challenging circumstances
• How do I make myself understood in international contexts?
• What accessibility issues should I be aware of?
• How should I talk about change?
• How should I communicate in a crisis?
• What’s the best way to deliver criticism?
• What can go wrong?
Target audience for Communicating for Professional Success
This course is designed to appeal to accounting and finance professionals working at all levels.
About the Author of Communicating for Professional Success
Anna Faherty is a writer, lecturer and consultant working across the publishing, museum and charity sectors.
She has hands-on management experience as a director of a multi-million pound publishing division and a trustee of a small independent museum.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Communicating for Professional Success Online Course
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email email@example.com with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org