Online Course on Freedom of Information for Accountants
Anyone working for a public authority or company wholly owned by a public authority needs to understand the Freedom of Information Act 2000. They need to know how and when they must respond when individuals request the information that is held about them.
This course enables learners to understand the legal responsibilities, the policies and procedures that need to be followed and how to put them into practice. It shows what is meant by “access to information”, what the law says and what needs to be done to comply. The decision making process is explained as well as the rules, how to manage confidential information and what all of this means for your organisation.
Freedom of Information for Accountants enables the learner to understand:
• The rights the public has to apply for information so that requests can be responded to appropriately and efficiently
• When and how requests need to be logged
• What action needs to be taken to promote good records and information management
• What policies need to be put in place, why and how to implement them
• How to comply with the law and continue to provide services effectively to the public
What the law says
• What is “Access to Information”?
• Who does the Freedom of Information Act apply to?
• What rights do people have to access information?
• When does FOI apply?
• What is a Publication Scheme?
Duties and obligations
• What rights does an applicant have to see the information requested?
• What happens if an applicant is not clear about the information they want?
• What limitations are there on what applicants can ask for?
• What rules do we have to work within?
• What kind of information is covered by exemptions?
• What about personal information?
• What about commercial information given in confidence?
• What happens if we disclose confidential information?
• What powers does the Information Commissioner have?
• What is the ultimate sanction for non compliance with FOI Act?
Policies and procedures
• Do we have to log all our requests and if so how?
• What help is available to ensure best practice?
• What if the way we manage our information is not very good?
Target audience for Freedom of Information for Accountants
This course is relevant for accounting and finance professionals at all levels.
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Freedom of Information for Accountants Online Course
Register for a free demonstration.
Purchase the course now for £62.50 (+VAT*) using Google Wallet**
Alternatively, you can pay by phone (+44 (0) 207 193 1920), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or invoice (online banking / BACS), if required.
You can access each course as many times as needed for 12 months from the date of first access.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for UK customers. For customers outside the UK, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
It’s quick and easy to register with Google Wallet. We chose Google from the hundreds of alternative payment systems on the web as it was a trusted secure brand and simple to use.
Google Wallet securely stores your payment information and makes purchasing fast both online and in-store.
If you’ve used Google Wallet or Google Checkout before, all you need to do is login with your Google username and password to buy from us.
If you’re using Google Wallet for the first time, just fill out the single page of information when you make your purchase. After that, you’ll only need your Google Wallet login to make a purchase. There’s no need to re-enter your information or create multiple usernames and passwords each time you buy.
You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase. You can also logon to Google Wallet anytime for a record of your purchases or to print further copies of receipts.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com.