Online Course on FRS 102:
Reacting to reduced regulation
Will your interpretation of the new regulations stand up to scrutiny?
Compared to existing UK GAAP, FRS 102 removes 90% of content.
In some ways this is good, but it involves you exercising more professional
judgement because there is less guidance to follow and more situations
where you have to look beyond FRS 102 to identify appropriate treatments.
This course will help you to create a robust application of FRS 102 within your organisation and will allow you to focus on what policies you need to set up in order to for your organisation to successfully adopt FRS 102.
FRS 102: Reacting to reduced regulation enables the learner to:
• Identify the consequences for your organisation of adopting a framework with 90% less content
• Discuss with your clients or organisation the practical aspects of applying the rules of FRS 102
• Consider some of the more generic and contextual issues of working with FRS 102
Learning outcomes of FRS 102: Reacting to reduced regulation
Practical considerations of applying reduced regulation
• How does FRS 102 account for the revaluation of assets?
• What guidance does FRS 102 give on fair value?
• Impairment of assets
• How should I approach the reduced regulation?
Simplified treatments and their implications
• Where does FRS 102 place its importance with hedge accounting?
• What method of impairment does FRS 102 use?
• How does FRS 102 approach pensions?
• How does FRS 102 approach share based payments?
• What guidance does FRS 102 give on simplified treatments?
• How does FRS 102 treat specialised activities?
• How does FRS 102 treat development assets?
Frameworks for revenue recognition and construction contracts
• How much guidance does FRS 12 give on revenue recognition?
• How does FRS 102 decide to recognise revenue?
• How does FRS 102 treat the bundling of contracts?
• Revenue recognition policy documents
General and contextual considerations of less regulation
• How does FRS 102 require a different mind set?
• What creates a good working relationship with auditors and stakeholders?
• What impact does a three year update have?
• What lies beyond FRS 102?
• Why do some companies follow FRS 101?
• Cost benefit analysis
About the Author of FRS 102: Reacting to reduced regulation
Lincoln Miles is a professional financial reporting trainer who has provided accountancy training for 15 years.
Lincoln specialises in UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP and runs a training and consulting business that provides services in the UK, Poland, Bulgaria, Greece, Slovakia, Romania Czech Republic and the Channel Islands.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy FRS 102: Reacting to reduced regulation
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com