Online Course on FRS 102:
How will the numbers change?
Do you know what your numbers look like?
To really understand the move away from existing UK GAAP you’ll have to be aware of the key numerical impacts of your new financial reporting framework.
For some assets reported under FRS 102, there will be little or no numerical
impact compared against treatments under old UK GAAP.
However, some aspects of changing treatments under FRS 102 will have a
numerical impact on your financial statements.
This course will help you, through practical example, understand the numerical impact of following FRS 102, FRS 101 and full IFRS on your financial statements, and to apply that understanding to your organisation as you make your decision about which framework to follow.
FRS 102: How will the numbers change? enables the learner to:
• Understand the key numerical impacts of your new financial reporting framework
• Apply your understanding to your organisation when deciding which framework to follow
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their CPD needs|
“It gave me a practical overview of the implications of reporting under FRS102.”
“Provided a general overview summarising the main changes with examples.”
“We are changing to FRS 102 from October 2015, so the course is invaluable in explaining what differences there are between old UK GAAP and how we will need to account for certain items in the future.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of FRS 102: How will the numbers change?
• What is the impact of FRS 102 on borrowing costs?
• How does FRS 102 impact operating leases on the financial statement?
• How does FRS 102 impact associates on the financial statement?
• What is the impact of FRS 102 on joint ventures?
• How does FRS 102 impact investment property on the financial statement?
• What impact does FRS 102 have on the valuation of non-specialised property?
• How does FRS 102 impact the allocation of impairment loss?
• What impact does FRS 102 have on goodwill?
• How are leases accounted for under FRS 102?
• What does FRS 102 say about debt financing?
• How is convertible debt accounted for under FRS 102?
• How are foreign currency transactions accounted for under FRS 102?
• How does FRS 102 establish deferred tax?
• How much guidance is given on revenue recognition?
• What does FRS 102 sat about hedge accounting?
• Investment property
• Joint venture
• Defined benefit plan
• What does FRS 102 say about revalued assets?
• How often are residual values assessed?
• How is impairment loss allocated?
• What is the format of financial statements?
• Where does FRS 102 stand on hedge accounting?
• How does deferred tax alter the income statement under FRS 102?
About the Author of FRS 102: How will the numbers change?
Lincoln Miles is a professional financial reporting trainer who has provided accountancy training for 15 years.
Lincoln specialises in UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP and runs a training and consulting business that provides services in the UK, Poland, Bulgaria, Greece, Slovakia, Romania Czech Republic and the Channel Islands.
Learners take their own route through the topics covered in the course. They will learn at their own pace through a variety of activities designed to accommodate a range of learning styles.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy FRS 102: How will the numbers change?
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com