The Finance Problem
• Are you confused about finance?
• Do you need to boost your financial awareness skills?
• Do you have to communicate with finance staff?
• Do you want to boost your finance skills?
• No time to go on a training course?
The Finance Solution
• You can learn about finance online
• Our courses are interactive and easy to use
• You can learn when you want at a time to suit your lifestyle
• 24/7 365 access
• Build your skills, enhance your CV, improve your work prospects
Learn more about Finance
Are you looking for an introduction for junior or non-finance colleagues?
Do you need to explain financial concepts to colleagues?
Our Finance basics online course covers documents such as the profit statement, the balance sheet and cash flow analysis, and how they are linked.
It also covers budgetary control, standard costing and discounted cash flow evaluations.
These topics are set against the place of an organisation within the economy, different kinds of accountancy, and the way financial objectives are arrived at, implemented and monitored.
Background information and knowledge is combined with interactive activities and scenarios so that learning can be applied in the workplace.
Finance Basics enables learners to
- Understand what the finance function does and how it can help in their role
- Deduce relevant information, and to recognise its limitations
- See how decisions impact on the business as a whole
- Prepare for greater responsibility
|Rating:||100% of learners thought this course met their cpd needs|
|“Good info and very easily presented. Sharp easy points to read and could read more detail separately. It was all well presented.”
“Provided a broad view on accounting and finance, relevant for business professionals in this rapidly changing environment”
“It was good to get a refresher of some basics, especially as I’m often explaining things to non-financial persons”
“I liked the flow of the text combined with resources and examples. I loved the practical cases.”
|You can review this course using the questionnaire in the course completion area.|
Learning outcomes of Finance Basics – Online Course
• Why is accountancy important?
• What kinds of accountancy are there?
• Who are the stakeholders?
• What is double entry book-keeping?
• What is good financial management?
• What are the kinds of net assets?
• What is the difference between capital expenditure and revenue?
• Is a cost direct or indirect?
• How do we appropriate profit?
• How do we create the balance sheet and cash flow statement?
• How does the flow of funds work?
The basics of control
• What are the levels of control?
• What are the elements of control?
• What are the key forecast relationships?
• How does costing work?
• What is standard marginal costing?
• How are management accounting systems structured?
• How do I control the budget?
• How do I control assets?
• How important is discounted cash flow?
About the Author of Finance Basics
David Allen is a past president of CIMA and a past chairman of the Management Accounting Committee of the International Federation of Accountants.
He was employed for many years by Cadbury Schweppes group holding directorships with various subsidiary companies, notably Cadbury Ltd.
Target audience for Finance Basics – Online Course
This course is aimed at junior finance professionals or those in a non-finance function. It will also prove useful to those looking for a way to explain financial topics to colleagues.
You might also be interested in
Register now for free module
To purchase a course or to try a free module please register. Registration is free and there is no obligation to purchase. Just click the button below:
Please review our Frequently Answers Questions (FAQs) for answers to the most common questions we receive (opens in a new window).
Buy Finance Basics – Online Course
Pay online now
Add to cart / basket
Click on the Buy Now or Add to Cart button above to make your purchase via credit or debit card. Your payment will be collected securely via PayPal. Please note that a PayPal account is NOT required to process your payment (simply click on the option to pay via credit or debit card). No surcharge will be levied on card payments for purchases. You will automatically be emailed a receipt after your purchase.
Pay by invoice and bank transfer
If preferred you can pay via bank transfer (BACS / EFT / Online banking).
Please complete the form below and we will send you an invoice with our bank details.
Other relevant information
View cart or checkout
If using our shopping cart, you can view the cart and checkout here.
You will receive 3 or 12 months (depending upon your chosen option) unlimited free access after payment of a one off registration fee.
Length of courses
Each course takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
Once you've completed the course you will be able to claim 4 verifiable CPD hours, if required. CPD points are claimed by the registered user, who can be someone different to the person who pays if required.
VAT will be calculated and added automatically during the checkout process (and before any payment is taken) based on your location.
VAT is applicable at the prevailing rate for customers within the EU. VAT will be added during checkout at the rate applicable to your Country. For customers outside the EU, where UK VAT is non-applicable, the checkout will automatically detect your location and VAT will not be added.
For customers in the Channel Islands please contact us in advance of purchase.
You will be emailed instructions of how to access your course and an activation code within one working day, usually a few hours.
Do you wish to pay in a different currency?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of the courses you wish to purchase and your chosen currency and we will send you an invoice in your desired currency.
Any more questions?
For any questions, please see our frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com