Introduction to bookkeeping & accounts
in-house training course
• Are you looking for a career in bookkeeping?
• Do you work in accounts preparation?
• Do you need to refresh your existing knowledge of bookkeeping?
• Are you looking to complete the first step in accounting training?
• Do you want to understand accounts from first principles?
• Do you want to understand what your bookkeeper does?
This course can be combined with our Financial Awareness course.
Our Bookkeeping Principles & Practice Course Includes
• The fundamental principles of accounting
• The books of prime entry
• Ledger accounting / double entry principles
• The trial balance
• The flow of information into the accounts
• Accounting policies
• Accruals and prepayments
• Fixed assets and depreciation
• Bad and doubtful debts
• Accounting for stock
• Bank reconciliations
• Control accounts
• Accounting for discounts and contras
• Suspense accounts
• VAT, PAYE and NI
• The final accounts & the accounting equation
• Sole traders, partnerships & limited companies
Bookkeeping Principles & Practice Course Delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you. We love questions and welcome as many as possible.
We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process. We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice.
We offer traditional training, facilitation, interactive simulations, coaching and online training.
Tailored Bookkeeping Principles & Practice Courses
All our courses are tailored to meet our client’s specific needs. We like to spend time getting to know our clients as we strongly believe that training is most effective and valuable when tailored and focused.
In-house Bookkeeping Principles & Practice Training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice.
We can also secure venues on your behalf through our venue sourcing agency.