In-house Real World Macroeconomics
‘Bank stands firm as rates remain on hold’
‘Help to buy risks fuelling a housing bubble’
‘IMF cuts global outlook but raises UK forecast’
‘Carney & MPC abandon simple forward guidance on interest rates,
& introduce the kind of complex guidance that gives work to economists’
Robert Peston, BBC News economics editor.
‘A post-geography trading world’
Liam Fox, International Trade Secretary.
Headlines and associated commentaries often fall short of helping the reader to understand the direct link and impact that economics has on decision making.
Business operates in an increasingly inter-connected economic system where macroeconomic policies, in the UK and internationally, have a direct bearing on business activity and prosperity.
Understanding the economics behind the headlines is essential to making well-informed business decisions.
Learning Objectives for Macroeconomics in the Real World
Following attendance at this course, participants will be able to analyse, for themselves, the implications of government actions and the business impact of economic actions.
Those new to economics will particularly benefit from this course as it explores economics from a practical, real world business perspective rather than theory. This will also appeal to those who have studied economics in the past and wish to relate their previous learning to the real world.
The course explains the links between economic headlines and related economic principles enabling participants to build a clear conceptual framework of macroeconomics.
Contents of our Macroeconomics in the Real World Workshop
The course uses real world examples to explain economic concepts and their impacts on business including:
• Causes and consequences of inflation and its relevance to business decisions.
• The real and ever present threat of deflation and its impact on business activity.
• Interest rates and consequences for investment appraisal.
• Government economic policies including the Budget (“fiscal policy”), interest rates (“monetary policy”) and supply side policies and how and why they have direct relevance to business decision making.
• Consumer behaviour and the importance of confidence to business prosperity.
• Exchange rates and their impact on business performance.
• Market failures and the role of government intervention.
• Financial and monetary institutions including the World Bank, IMF, OECD and their respective roles in the world economy.
• The impact of Brexit on the UK, European and world economy.
Relevant audience for our Macroeconomics Workshop
Macroeconomics in the Real World Workshop will benefit:
• Individuals new to economics seeking to understand its relevance to business
and personal decision making.
• Employers who wish their staff to appreciate the importance and impact that macroeconomics and
government policy decisions have to decision making.
• Those with prior exposure to economics who would benefit from a refresher and present day update.
Macroeconomics in the Real World Course Delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you.
We love questions and welcome as many as possible. We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process. We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice.We offer traditional training, facilitation, interactive simulations, coaching and online training.
Tailored Macroeconomics Courses
All our courses are tailored to meet our client’s specific needs.
We like to spend time getting to know our clients as we strongly believe that training is most effective and valuable when tailored and focused.
In-house Macroeconomics Training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice.
We can also secure venues on your behalf through our venue sourcing agency.