In-House US GAAP Training Course
US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) are used by all major North American companies and their international subsidiaries as well as foreign companies that are listed on a US stock exchange unless that company files in full compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
US GAAP is generally regarded as being more complex than UK GAAP and IFRS in many respects and following US GAAP can lead to notably different financial results.
Expert US GAAP Training
We offer tailored training in US GAAP from introductory level to advanced level.
Each course is tailored to our clients needs. Example content includes
• Key differences between US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS.
• The convergence roadmap of IFRS and US GAAP.
• The US regulatory environment.
• The format and contents of financial statements for public companies in the US.
• US GAAP framework and presentation requirements
• US GAAP Complexities, such as:
– Property plant and equipment issues
– Interest capitalisation
– Intangible assets
– Compensated absences and pension costs
– Financial instruments
– Derivatives and hedging activity
– Revenue and cost recognition
– Deferred taxation
– Consolidation issues
– Share based payments
Our Experience in US GAAP
We have a team of US GAAP presenters with experience in providing accounting advice in US GAAP and IFRS to large companies both inside and outside the US. Our US GAAP team includes a partner in a big 4 accountancy firm, as well as practitioners and experienced full time trainers.
Recent US GAAP Assignments Include
• Training the UK Financial Reporting team of a company which were acquired by a US parent
• Training the global Financial Reporting team of a telecoms operating outside the US but reporting under US GAAP
• Delivering the purchase price under US GAAP and IFRS of the takeover of a US corporation by a large UK company
• Performing a diagnostic of IFRS to US GAAP differences for a large US Corporation
US GAAP Course Delivery
We take an open friendly and enthusiastic approach to learning finance. We believe that people learn more effectively when they are enjoying themselves. We make finance interesting for you.
We love questions and welcome as many as possible. We encourage an open atmosphere which in our experience accelerates the learning process. We always use lots of exercises, case studies and real life examples in our training as we believe this really helps our clients to understand concepts.
We find that people only really learn when they test their understanding through practice. We offer traditional training, facilitation, interactive simulations, coaching and online training.
In-house US GAAP Training
Our training can be held within your office or an external venue of your choice.
We can also secure venues on your behalf through our venue sourcing agency.